Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Calling Redhill/Reigate riders – STW get together evening ride this THURSDAY 4th
  • twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Do you live in the Redhill/ Reigate areas? Want to meet some like minded bikers ?
    Now’s your chance! Following a successful couple of outings last year I thought it about time to do an evening local STW get together type ride.

Date: This THURSDAY 4th June
    When and Where: Redhill railway station at 18:15
    Click for Redhill station map

(Note – the station car park is NOT free – if you’re coming by car meet us up at Wray Lane or be prepared to pay 4.50!)

Then ride up to Wray Lane (mostly offroad) at an easyish pace
    Then meet at Wray Lane Car park (J8, M25) 19:00 for a 19:15 prompt departure,
    wray lane location click

The ride will be a sociable type of ride so if you’re wanting a head-down training ride type blast then looks elsewhere. Expect 2 hours of wonderful Surrey trails with singletrack a-plenty. Friendly, chatty style and both genders welcomed. Somewhere between 15-20 miles. You shouldn’t need lights but please bring something that’ll get you back on the road in case something mechanically nasty happens…
    Probably not the best ride if you’re a complete beginner – abilities from vaguely intermediate upwards is fine.
    Depending on demand there might be a pub stop at the end 😀
    I’ll send an email out tonight to the people who’ve contacted me before.
    And usual disclaimer/safety/ obvious stuff – you ride at your own risk, no commercial motivation on my part, please wear a helmet, please bring spares and kit to fix your bike, please have food with you to be able to complete the ride. You know, just be prepared to have fun!
    Hope to see you later in the week – forecast looks like it might stay dry too 🙂

Thanks

Rich F aka TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Oh and if you want to be added to the list of folks for future redhill/reigate rides then let me know. Email in my profile.

TM

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hi Rich, I’d love to come on this but I don’t think I’ll have the time… 50/50 chance I’ll make it, so don’t wait for me!

Can you add me to the list please? Email in profile

Ta Lots
    Peter

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Peter

Sure thing – I think you’re on the list already in fact…

Hope you’re keeping well 🙂

R aka TM

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Hi Rich, glad to see you are arranging another ride, sure it will be a good one and I’m sure it will be drier than the pre-Christmas Tunnel Hill ride.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) I will be in Dumfries on Thursday on the first day of our 7 Stanes epic that the guys from DOMTB are embarking upon.

See you and Donna soon.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Hey Richard nice to hear from you.

Cheers for the good wishes and ain’t the dry weather a pleasant change 🙂

Have a blast up there!

R aka TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Ok – email gone out to those folks who have expressed an interest in the past or who contacted me recently.

Oh and if you want to be added to the list of folks for future redhill/reigate rides then let me know. Email in my profile.

Thanks

TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

see you tonight !

TM

theotherjonv

TM; should be good to go – haven’t been called up north yet! Is the car park the one right at the top of the A217?

[edit] just seen the link in the top post!

rotorist
    Free Member

Many thanks Rich for organising the ride and guiding us round, a most enjoyable evening blast round the Surrey Hills and good to meet some more local MTB’ers.
    Cheers
    Keith.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Keith and all,

Yeah – what a great evening! 🙂

A super atmosphere and a top ride – a real pleasure to organise and run it.

Here’s to the next one!

Keith – drop me a line (email in profile) and I’ll add you to the list for similar future rides..

TM aka R

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Calling Redhill/Reigate riders – STW get together evening ride this THURSDAY 4th’ is closed to new replies.