Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Calling Rabbitrackworld
  • sirromj

Could a pet rabbit (mature male) chew through a computer keyboard cable such that the cable looks like it has been cut with a not-so-sharp pair of cable cutters – it looks like a fairly clean cut, but not all inner wires are precisely the same length.

Could a rabbit do that or would it look gnawed at and chewed? Only thing I can think of that did it.

Any other ideas, am baffled?

clodhopper
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a question about Jewish religious persons…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Yes. They love chewing wires. Especially live ones. I have thrown 4 or 5 chargers into the bin as testiment to this…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Rabbits ARE wirecutters with a cute nose.

One of my rabbits had to have throat surgery, perhaps linked to a sliver of wire causing a growth. Try to put it out of reach.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get a Bluetooth one..

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yes. Yes they can. And they can have a bloody good go at Reverb hose as well.

Little b******s.

whitestone
    Free Member

Get a Bluetooth one

You can get a Bluetooth Rabbit?

Oops! Wrong forum … 😳

zinaru
    Free Member

all cables in our house that are at ground level have been rabbit proofed. either spilt a section of old garden hose and retape it up or an off the shelf cable housing.

ui and lola and now mabel and rocket all loved dicing with death with attempted cable chewing attempts. they seem to understand the world as everything is potentially another bit of food.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In the wild, rabbits strip bark from young branches, so it’s an innate behaviour.

sobriety
    Free Member

Yup, they can and do. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the em radiation coming off of wires makes them seem extra tasty to small critters, but that could well be bollocks.

Of ours, as well as a taste for electrickery Chertsey was rather partial to rubber plant leaves, and Mr. Stubbs loved young apple branches.

MoreCashThanDash

You can get a Bluetooth Rabbit?

Rushes off to make the announcement on Mumsnet….

andyl
    Free Member

The cut normally looks like a V in the insulation. Ehatbi don’t get is how the little bugger butes through to the bare live and neutral on my wires and isn’t dead but when I touch it not realising I get a shock.

sirromj

Thanks! The cut is diagonal and looks so clean but randomly placed 3/4 along the cable – it’s an old keyboard connect to an RPI (do they like raspberries???). Bit worrying if they’ve got a taste for cables now, loads of them all over :-/

preciousmetals
    Free Member

I honestly thought this was going to be a thread composed by mrsfry… Haha

bazhall
    Free Member

Sounds about right for rabbits munching on cables. Pepper has destroyed at least 3 iphone/ipad cables and 1 mains cable for a battery charger.

highlandman
    Free Member

There’s a very easy cure for this.
    Recipes…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*sigh*

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Calling Rabbitrackworld’ is closed to new replies.