Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Calling portrait photographers (official photo needed)
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I need to take a photo of myself for my Canadian immigration application. The requirements say it must be in front of a pure white background. Unfortunately, all of the walls in my place are not white.

What’s the easiest way to get a white background? I thought about using some A1 printer paper, taped to the wall, but I think I would struggle to get it flat enough. I suppose I could post-process it in GIMP.

Drac

I went to our local photographer shop cost me £3 saved a lot of faff.

scotroutes

Our local Tesco has a photo booth for that sort of stuff.

mikey74
    Free Member

The problem with a photo booth is I don’t have a scanner and it has to be a digital photo.
    Drac: was that £3 to take the photo?

wallop

Just use your phone to take a photo of your photo booth photo.

mikey74
    Free Member

Won’t be good enough quality, especially with my phone.

Murray

Go to your local Timson. Great for doing kids as they do it all the time.

mikey74
    Free Member

What do kids have to do with it?

Drac

Yup £3 with a photo probably would supply a digital too but I didn’t need one.

mikey74
    Free Member

OK, thanks. We have a photographer in town, but I’d just assumed they would be stupidly expensive. I’ll give them a go on Monday. Ta!

Drac

Might be more then I paid but probably not out of the way.

Trekster

White bed sheet?

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you have a Jessops on your high street they will be able to do it.

sbob
    Free Member

Used an in-store Timpsons for my last visa photos (funny sized so couldn’t use a booth).
    Chap had a DSLR for the pic, so digi copies shouldn’t be a problem.

Flaperon

If an Android phone, install Google PhotoScan. You’ll find it’s more than sufficient even with a ropey camera.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Where are you based? I have ‘all the gear’, but quite literally ‘no idea’ 🙂

I have a big white backdrop, lights, camera, tripod etc. Just no skill in actually using it.

Welcome to make use.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Generally for official Canadian documents a photobooth isn’t acceptable. It has to be taken by an actually photographer who also stamps / certifies the date & likeness etc. Check the requirements as they can be particular.

kayak23

Stick up your picture on here. I’m sure someone can do something with it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Generally for official Canadian documents a photobooth isn’t acceptable. It has to be taken by an actually photographer who also stamps / certifies the date & likeness etc. Check the requirements as they can be particular.

Bloody Canadians and their ‘identity politics’ 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks all, and thanks for the offer Jam. I think I’m going to see what my local high street photographer can do, first. I may be back 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Calling portrait photographers (official photo needed)’ is closed to new replies.