Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Calling Mid Wales riders
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Going to be spending some time near Llanidloes next year.
    Can anyone tell me if there’s any good routes in the area ?

Cheers Ian

Klunk
    Free Member

not that far away rhayader round

hambl90
    Free Member

Cheers Klunk , that’s definitely going on my list .
    Keep em coming guys.

Klunk
    Free Member

and the nearest trail center is great

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Plenty out there, OS really is your friend. A word of caution though … due to the small population many bridleways are hardly used, so what looks great on the map may not be on the ground.

If you’re going to be in the area at the end of May, enter the Welsh Ride Thing, it’ll give you a great insight into what’s out there.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    Anymore suggestions anyone ?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

the source of the rivers wye and severn is on plynlimon– you should make a ride out of that !

icarus
    Free Member

There are loads of great trails in this area,but as has been said some are hardly used or very difficult to follow,i would go and see Clive Powell at his bikeshop in Rhyader,clive knows this area better than anyone.

psling
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Member
    the source of the rivers wye and severn is on plynlimon– you should make a ride out of that !

I’m guessing you haven’t been up there? 🙄 😉

As others have suggested, Nant-yr-Arian is worth a visit and can be linked with Machynllyth is you’re up for it plus the Elan Valley area around Rhayader is great. Plynlymon though would be a nightmare…

dreednya

Supposed to be good stuff in the Hafren forest, though apparently it is a bit like the Dyfi in that if you don’t know where you are going it is easy to get lost. Plenty of good mtbers in Llani though 🙂

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys

GaryLake
    Free Member

Mach to nanty is a good day out with nice views. Can use the train to get back to mach if you cycle to Aberystwyth after nanty (10 miles on the road, half of it downhill, the rest flat)

mikeclarke
    Free Member

get intouch when ur there ill be happy to show you around, the area has some great riding theres some great trails to be had and the WFT is defo worth doing its great fun!! thanks to Stu

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks Mike I might just take you up on your offer,
    If your ever in south Wales near cwmcarn I’ll return the favour.

Ian

mikeclarke
    Free Member

ill defo take u up on that, ive been wanting to do some riding out the back of the center for ages just need some local knowledge of the area ive heard there are some good trails around CC… cheers

dekadanse
    Free Member

Forest N of Llanwrtyd Wells…….

hambl90
    Free Member

No problem mike .

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Calling Mid Wales riders’ is closed to new replies.