Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling GT Grade Carbon 105 owners – Rear Freehub removal help!
  • massmoor
    Free Member

I am trying to service rear wheel freehub but can’t workout how to remove the freehub. Its a Fourmula Road Disk hub CL-26 I believe??

I have changed the non drive side and drive side hub bearings the drive side bearings are actually on the Axle and part of the freehub.

The axle comes out by undoing the cone nuts on the non drive side then tapping Axle out and through the hub, which brings the drive side bearing out with it.

However I still can’t work out how the freehub actually disconnects from the hub?

Any comments suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

bails

Sorry, I can’t help with the question, but how do you find the Grade?

How is it for speed/comfort? Have you got/had a ‘proper’ road bike to compare it to?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Most freehubs are usually removed by inserting a large allen wrench into the NDS of the hub to loosen the allen bolt which holds the freehub in place.

I think Shimano hubs require a 12mm allen wrench but I’m sure Formula freehubs require a wrench which is a couple of mm larger.

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3338&g=244932&p=23443&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Tools%20&%20Maintenance&gclid=CN3I1uGOp8sCFckV0wodo3kJIg

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    forzafkawi
    Free Member

bails – Member

Sorry, I can’t help with the question, but how do you find the Grade?

How is it for speed/comfort? Have you got/had a ‘proper’ road bike to compare it to?

I’ve got a carbon Ultegra Grade and it is very comfortable. I would try to get a test ride if I were you though because the higher front end which is the thing with these endurance bikes now takes a bit of getting used to after riding race geometry frames. I bought the Grade to be my year-round training bike and I have a Scott CR1 for sportives etc.

The disc brakes are great by the way.

massmoor
    Free Member

Bails, coming from a XC MTB background the Grade feels very good to me and can only compare it to my 1988 Raleigh Equipe and Titanium mountain bikes. I have done some 100+ road rides and its very comfortable even when off the beaten track on the north york moors. When I have been out with guys who are pure road riders it hasn’t felt a disadvantage or slowed me down so all things equal it’s a great bike and highly recommended.

Chest, when I had the axle out I couldn’t see any slots etc to put an Allen or Torx key but will have another look.

Thanks.
    MM.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling GT Grade Carbon 105 owners – Rear Freehub removal help!’ is closed to new replies.