Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Calling Edge 25 owners – battery life?
  • colournoise

If you have a Garmin Edge 25, what length of use are you seeing from a full charge?

Mine dies after about 4 1/2 hours, which doesn’t seem very long (the 510 it replaced was obviously a little bit larger but would seemingly go on for ever before needing a charge).

warton
    Free Member

I was getting 3 hours max, I sent it back. the inability to stop start rides also put me off

nicholas_yiu

Mine last about the same. It will do about a week’s of commute + a 1.5 hour weekend ride for me which adds up to about 4.5 hours. I never run it low enough so that it switches itself off though.

I think it’s a drawback with the Edge 25.

For me, I have a edge touring plus if I need mapping and just pop the edge 25 on if there’s no need. Still better than dragging around the Touring plus all week long + risk of damaging/losing it when there is no need for mapping.

With it being so cheap and small and do everything that I need on a normal ride. I think it is a great little unit.

dragon
    Free Member

Yep similar life here, quite a lot below the claimed life of 8 hours. Not a surprise really as the Forerunner 10 which is a similar size only lasts about 3.5 hours.

the inability to stop start rides also put me off

What do you mean? It’ll stop if you stop moving.

colournoise

Press the top right button to pause?

colournoise

Shane that 4 1/2 hours seems to be the norm. Not long enough for a big ride. Irritating as it’s a nice little gizmo otherwise.

Wonder how much difference switching Bluetooth off would make?

blader1611
    Free Member

I did Le petit depart in the summer and my edge was working for the 5.5hrs it took me and still had battery left. I dont have bluetooth enabled on it and i may have turned off glonass so this might be why i have increased battery life.

cookeaa

Comfortably had 6.5 hours without it dying on me, not taken it out for longer than that, but it is only a few months old, I tend to turn off BT as I am not using any other sensors presently and I don’t charge it religiously straight after every ride. Often I do two or three short rides back to back before charging it…

I assumed it’s better to try and run the battery down at least every once in a while to preserve the cell, I am sure I’ve had this wisdom from a couple of sparky’s at work in regards to lipo/li-ion batteries… Might be bolleux of course…

shindiggy
    Free Member

With glonass off (its not really needed) and blue tooth off my battery will last for 7.5 hours.

Wally

I got 7 hours out of mine.

akira

Yeah mine gets 7+ I’d say, few decent rides before it needs topped up.

swhoward

About 5.5 hrs with Bluetooth and GLONASS switched on.

colournoise

I do have GLONASS on too.

Time to have a bit of an experiment before I ditch it…

GHill

Got more than 5 hours out of mine at the weekend, still some charge left.

raincloud
    Free Member

Does it require a software update? I know mine had a lifespan of around 3.5 hrs until I updated it. Now after updating it’s about 7-8

riddoch

Glonass seems to be a bit of a power hog if it’s similar to the edge 1000. Pretty much double the battery life with it turned off.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Calling Edge 25 owners – battery life?’ is closed to new replies.