Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Calling drone expert – Zerotech Dobby
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Seen this at a decent price and quite fancy a drone I can shove in a jersey pocket to get an occasional riding shot/video particularly with the follow-me functionality

Anyone had any experience of these drones, or have any recommendations? I don’t want to spend much and it MUST pack down small otherwise I can”t throw it into a pocket or bar-bag

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’m not familiar with the drone you mention but I’ve built a fair few for FPV racing and know what’s what.

Basically, there’s a significant number of cheap and useless drones out there. You’ve got to be careful. The only one that I’m aware of that ticks your boxes is the DJI spark. I wouldn’t consider anything else. But it’s not cheap

singletrackandi

I was a backer of the Zerotech Dobby when the launched it for crowdfunding in China (long story) It’s a pretty advanced piece of kit running a Snapdragon 800 series chipset. I’ve not used mine in a while but the last update I had brought with it face tracking and object tracking.

Object tracking worked well and allows you to follow someone at low-ish speed. Tested with my son cycling up and down the road. It wouldn’t work on the trails as it can’t keep up.

The camera on it is fixed so you have to get it where you want it (think there are 3 positions) before flying. Takes good photos, nothing stellar, but good enough.

Battery life is only about 10 minutes (if that). I’ll have to dig mine out again and see what new features it’s been given.

atlaz
    Free Member

Not looking for the best drone, just something functional I can pull out of a pocket to get a selfie/video at the top of an epic climb or what have you. The problem is, I’ve discovered today, that ALL drone flights where I live must be licensed by the government… every. single. flight.

So I may not bother. That said, let me know how the Dobby works now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Calling drone expert – Zerotech Dobby’ is closed to new replies.