Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Calling Cove Hustler owners
  • neninja
    Free Member

Would you mind telling me what size frame you went for and your height?

I’m considering getting one but being 5ft 7 I’m on the borderline of the small and medium. My other 2 bikes are 16 and 16.5″ but the Hustler seems pretty short in the top tube.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium and I’m about 5’8″ and suits me fine.
    It is the original version though, not sure how much has changed with the newer ones.

neilforrow

med – 6ft

alexonabike

5’8″ here and ride an original medium one. Great fit. I also ride a 16″ inbred if that helps you at all.

jpk

I’m 5’10” and have just sold my medium frame as I found it too short. I do like my bikes a bit longer though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

my buddy is a tad taller and rides a small 15.5″ and it suits him very well, myself at 5’9″ found it a bit short in he tt.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m just under 6ft and found the 2007 M (17.5″) too short, even with a layback and an 80mm stem.

Otherwise a lovely, lovely bike.

In it’s final guise:

johnduke
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and have just swapped my large out for a medium, the issue for me was a lack of stand over.
    brilliant bike regardless.

doug_basqueMTB.com

5’10” and riding a medium with a 50mm stem. It’s short but suits me.

moniex
    Free Member

5’5″ girly here, and I ride a small (15.5) hustler. Really lovely bike. My husband had a Medium one and he is around 5’10”. He never ‘got’ the hustler though and now rides a cotic soul. 2 friends around your height both had a medium hustler too (although one of them also happily had a small for years). Sorry this does not make it any easier. I rode my hubbies M hustler as well, but that really did feel too big.

I’d say try both if you can.

Simone

Bullet

5′ 7″ (and a 1/2!) – ride a 15.5 frame and it’s spot on for me and my stumpy legs 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Many thanks everyone for your responses

Arrrrgghhhhh – I’m no closer to knowing. I usually ride with a layback post on a smaller frame but given the short TT of the Hustler perhaps a medium might be the way to go as I’d be fitting a short 50mm stem anyway.

bazzer
    Free Member

I am interested in this too.

I have an 18″ patriot which has an effective top tube length of 596mm and I use a 50mm stem, this is fine for me.

Would I be OK with a 17.5″ Hustler which has a 577.85mm effective top tube. I would probably run a longer stem on this bike too.

I am about 5’11

Anoying thing is I rode one a while back but can’t remember what size it was.

Bazzer

PS would go to shop and try etc, but want to buy one in CRC sale.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

On my second frame (original cabling was on top and annoyed me) now 2009 jobbie and again in medium i’m 5’10”

70mm stem.

Bazzer: Mine was bought in the CRC sale 4 months ago for 1k. Bargain.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

A 5’2″ ish girlie here, and mines the small frame. Sadly not been ridden for almost two years now, really should sell it but…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bazzer – I now ride a 2008 Five (still a 602mm virtual TT I believe) with a 65mm stem and I’m 6ft. My problem with the Hustler (compared to the Handjob that I also owned) was that the seat angle was a lot steeper, altering the length of the cockpit quite significantly, especially when running a long post at full extension.

Given the option again I’d get the 19.5″

Actually, I lie – given the option again I’d get the Five – the same playfulness, but it actually fits me. 😉

bazzer
    Free Member

In a perfect world I would probably buy a Five frame but no one seems to be knocking them out for £950 like the CRC hustlers.

Love my Patriot the simple bearing replacement etc etc but the Hustler is a bargain and I did like the one I rode a couple of years back.

Bazzer

gamo
    Free Member

6’3″ and rode a large, 70mm stem and inline post.

nim

I’m 5’9 and have a 17.5″ – fit is pretty good although moving from 90m stem to 50m which may be a little cramped on the climbs but a blast on the way down.

Mate is 5’7 and has a 15.5.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bazzer – assuming you’re a similar height to me (5′ 11 1/2″ as near as dammit), I’d personally go for the large, unless there’s been a drastic change in the frame layout. With the dropped TT there’s still bags of clearance (my 17.5″ was something like a 14″ c-to-c). You’ll then have the option of running a shorter stem too.

bazzer
    Free Member

I am pretty much bang on 5’11 1/2″ too

So you had a 17.5″ but would go for a 19.5″ if you had another ?

Pity though as 17.5″ are available in Orange and 19.5″ ones are black and I would have liked orange 🙂

Bazzer

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The matte black ones look great. The stickers are still shite tho.

Pezzers
    Free Member

I am 5ft 11 or thereabouts, ride a 2009 large with a 90mm stem and a straight seat post.

It fits me fine I had a santa cruz superlight before which always felt a little short but the Cove is better.

Standover isn’t huge but is adequate.

bazzer
    Free Member

Did someone from here buy one of 2 Large black Hustler frames from CRC ?

I just bought the last one 🙂

Bazzer

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Black is better than orange. 😉

bazzer
    Free Member

I just hope the large I have bought is not too big, it should arrive today so will soon see 🙂

Bazzer

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Calling Cove Hustler owners’ is closed to new replies.