Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Calling Bristol Folk
  • daver89
    Free Member

Can anyone give me directions from Leighwoods carpark (the one half-way round the course) to the Brunel Way Pump Track? Apparently isnt far but no real info on directions on the net.

Thanks

Dave

nickjb
    Free Member

By Car or bike?

daver89
    Free Member

bike hopefully as i will be parked at leigh woods, couple of laps there, then head over to the track or vice versa

Dave

nickjb
    Free Member

Easiest off-road way would be drop the bottom of Leigh Woods, turn right when you reach the river follow the path on the edge of the river until you reach the flyover (Brunel Way) then turn right (inland) to stay under the flyover.

santacoops
    Free Member

Prob easier parking down the bottom by the create centre and starting there, do some pumping on the way up to LW then you’re downhill back to the pump track and car at the end?

trickydisco
    Free Member

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2409861

it’s actually easier than i’ve shown there (as ridewithgps does automapping) as you can go off route and across roads to get under the flyover bit.

EDIT: Actually scrap that.. that just the way i always go but an easier way is down ronhamhill

nickjb
    Free Member

it’s actually easier than I’ve shown there

That’s a crazy way to go by car or bike!

an easier way is down ronhamhill

That’s the easy way. Down the hill then cut onto the riverside path at the bend in the road near the bottom of the hill.

daver89
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Should be a doddle.

So just for confirmation, down the hill meaning the road that carrys on down from the woods carpark?

daver89
    Free Member

Actually scrap that, can see from the map im ment to go on the road, so out the woods, down Abbots Leigh Rd continuing onto Ronhamhill, cut over riding next to the river and pretty much follow the flyover.

cheers all!

nickjb
    Free Member

Just to clarify. There’s loads of ways. The two best are:

Via the road – Exit the car park the way you came in and the go down Ronham hill, cut across to under the flyover

Off-road – Carry along the fire-road then take one of the cheeky trails down to the river (pretty much due North) and follow the river to the fly over. This is 100% off road but further.

Milkie
    Free Member

I keep meaning to check it out. Where can you park close by?

daver89
    Free Member

Thanks nickjb.

Might even switch it up and take the road down and the Offroad back up!

So does this pumptrack get busy?

mark90
    Free Member

Ahston road and just cut through the park. This is what i do when popping down with my daughter for a quick ride.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Most “scenic” would be ride half Yertiz, peel off and do either Rocky Horror or a picnic bench trail down to the towpath and then bomb along the river to the flyover

rondo101
    Free Member

Depends what time of day, but I’ve never seen it REALLY busy. Sometimes there’s no-one, other times there might be 4 or 5 people.

And I’d echo santacoops’ advice. Park down the bottom near the Create Centre, a few laps of the pump track & then up Rownham Hill for laps of LW & AC. Find a local to point you in the direction of a more interesting descent from LW down to the tow path when you’re finished.

daver89
    Free Member

Cheers rondo, its looking like an early one so i doubt it will be too busy at 9.30!

The Scenic route sounds much more up my street fuzzhead. Ive wanted to try and find the other old trails around the woods, but never known what they were called. Now i do, and a helping hand from google, ive managed to locate the start of Rocky Horror atleast!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Enjoy daver89 – watch out for the holly bush! 😉

acjim
    Free Member

Just to hijack this LW/Brizl thread – anyone know when the “gully run” appeared and whether there are more “new” dh trails in LW?

When i was riding before the new LW man made stuff it was knicker/switch back/rocky valley/picnic bench and some fierce freeride stuff near the river path.

ransos
    Free Member

If you park by CREATE centre, you can go and have a drool in B&W cycles…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Gully run’s been there for a long time

santacoops
    Free Member

agentdagnab – i love that trail, cheeky indeed. Nice route to take you home if you live south of the river like i do.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Oops, so cheeky I posted twice. In hindsight, maybe I shouldnt have posted that. Avoid it at rush hour, I dont think you’d be very popular otherwise.

And, if you are in LW, pick one of the mini DH runs instead I reckon.

PS – What and where is “gully run”?

santacoops
    Free Member

PS – What and where is “gully run”?

I think its pretty much the next run to the right of the picnic bench. Not directly next to it though.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

ah, that one

acjim
    Free Member

The gully run seems to have a couple of entry points, one being a big boys jump over some rough rocks. This YouTube vid shows it, more exciting in real life!
    Vid

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Calling Bristol Folk’ is closed to new replies.