Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Calling Blazin-Saddles…….Hope hydraulic CX discs
  • Rik
    Free Member

Just seen your very tasty pair of new cyclocross bikes.

Also noticed you are running the new Hope hydraulic converter. Can we have a review please of what you think?

Power, modulation, feel etc any comparisons to BB7s would be nice if you have used them?

Thanks greatly for your time.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Hi Rik,

I’m a little biased but sure no problem, I’ve never used BB7’s so can’t compare with those but….

Power – We’re using 140mm rotors as we don’t want throw you over the bars power, think better than a very good canti on an alu rim in dry weather with no fork judder or squeal, but all the time no matter what the weather or how much mud is on the rim.

Modulation- Very good, can feel the pads precisely through the levers so you know how it’s grabbing, it doesn’t snatch just nice and controlable.

Feel – Is heavier than an X2 race set up as there is little mechanical advantage from the lever, the cable just pulls through the piston, having said that it’s no worse than a canti and you don’t have to pull as hard anyway.

Weight- We reckon to be giving away 200g over a light canti setup, no problem for me, I’d take that any day of the week….

Further questions feel free to ask…..

Rik
    Free Member

Nice one – just spotted this.

Thanks for the report. Will have to see if there’s any money in the piggybank when they come out. 😀

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

when are they out ? thought they were gonna be available after 3 peaks ?

(my mate has hope cable converters from 12 years ago on his spiv tandem…and Big Mig once did a road race with Hope brakes “back in the day”)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Calling Blazin-Saddles…….Hope hydraulic CX discs’ is closed to new replies.