Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Calling BFe owners, What wheels are you using?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Im currently using my XT 775 wheelset off my Giant but wondered what other people are using?

What wheels would people advise for this frame?

Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

What wheels for a specific frame? 😕

Totally depends what you're using it for mate… If as I suspect from your build, you're going to be using yours as more of an allround trail bike, then your XT 775's will probably suit quite well.

Mine will have my DT FR440 hubs on Mavic EN521's on, cos that's what's on my Giant Reign X at the moment which is donating most of its parts. If I were to buy another wheelset purposefully for the bike right now, it would be a set of Hope Hoops on Stans Flow rims.

Mine is going to be used very much more as a muck about bike though, getting out and playing on for short periods of time.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I've got Bontrager Rhythms, TLR. Quite light "all mountain" wheels. I nicked them from my Trek Remedy and they seem to do the job nicely.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah, i was thinking hope hoops on flows too, i'll stick with the xt for now was just wondering.

I didn't really need to put BFe owners lol.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I use my BFe for all round duties.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

This might be a stupid question but i've not got a tubeless set-up and the flows are no tubes, i can still run tubes can't i?

tails
    Free Member

I'm on hope with dt5.1 seem alright wheels.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

seems no one has pro 2 on flows instock anyway.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Yes, you can still run tubes.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Got any pics of your BFe then MoseyMTB?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

kings on XM819s. superb units!

Jamie
    Free Member

seems no one has pro 2 on flows instock anyway.

Landing next week.

toys19
    Free Member

I'musing the pro2s with wtb speeddiscs rims from my 2009 Orange P7

Vortexracing

DT5.1's with 2.4 Nobby Nics for general stuff and some EX721's with 2.5 ST High roller front and 2.35 Larsen TT rear for more daft stuff.

and anybody got piccies of these Gritstone ones (especially XS ones)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i have but they are on the camera and i need to transfer them.

this is my small gritstone frame though

freeform5spot
    Free Member
    Vortexracing

I thought they had reflective graphics?

toys19
    Free Member

Mosey,
    I Have the xs frame jsut liek that, jsut need to build it up. Dind't realise you peeled off the thingies on the stickers to reveal the nice decals tho!

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm guessing the gritstone is one of those need to see in the flesh kinda colours. As it just looks black.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

its really nice in the flesh, they are reflective except my downtube sticker is the normal wrap because i love it.

Yeah i missed the peely bit too, then i tried to peel the toptube one off by accident.

toys19
    Free Member

Its sort of grey black, a bit glossy, I like it, looks expensive..

Vortexracing

come on toys get it built than we can see it 😆

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i shortened the hose and put some 120mm forks on today. i'll get some pics up tomorrow. Its built with some xc parts because it's my do everything bike so i need it for long days too.

toys19
    Free Member

Mate, I'm still at work, have been here since 7am, went out for 40mins for lunch at 2.10, and its going on through the weekend and probably carry on for another week. Damn. I might give up being my own boss.

Vortexracing

sounds like a nightmare. Hope it slows down a bit,

but not too much

RVMushman

Mosey – Peely bits on the graphics?? Thought the idea of the scotchlite graphics is that you can just see them under normal light conditions and they really stand out under flash or similar light conditions, there is nothing to peel off?
    Picking my Bfe up tomorrow, its been a long wait but it's gonna be worth it! 8)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah when you get it there is a protective film on top to peel off. Not on the toptube but on a few. Cy or Paul might have taken them off some but i picked mine up from Cotic and paul told me to peel the protective layer off.

You will see it if it's on because it is like cling film.

craig1975
    Free Member

here's mine with Spank wheels

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here is a couple fully built but with a few bits taken off my old bike.

probably change the wheels and a shorter stem.

RVMushman

Thanks for info Mosey.. My "go everywhere" Bfe is built to a budget, so went for Mavic build on Deore hubs..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

From the pics ive seen, it looks like the new BFe does it all from jumps to mincecore xc. Surely its sacrilege putting a stem that long on a bfe?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

not got a shorter stem to put on so it suits me just fine,

crocodilian
    Free Member

Nice builds there and just for the record here's my older version plus enormous purple bars.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Calling BFe owners, What wheels are you using?’ is closed to new replies.