Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Calling anyone with a PM fork and 180mm rotor
  • specializedneeds

How much does the adapter space the PM caliper off from the fork? Can you measure for me? Making my own spacers before the fork arrives, thanks.

rudedog
    Free Member

It must be 10mm as this is the difference in radiuses between a 180mm disc and 160mm

coatesy
    Free Member

Unfortunately,I don’t think it works that way as the caliper is mounted offset to the centre of the rotor, look up a Hope H type mount to see what I mean.

rudedog
    Free Member

Aye you’re right – I’ll measure mine in a minute

rudedog
    Free Member

Bottom – 11mm
    Top – 16mm

These are for an avid adapter for 180mm rotor

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not quite sure what you’re after but as coatesy says, the holes which you bolt the caliper to are offset from the holes with which the adaptor is mounted to the fork.

This is similar to mine . . .

Top spacing (to the left of the pic) measures 33mm, and bottom spacing (to the right of the photo) measures 9mm. Not sure if that’s what you were after though or how it would help.

specializedneeds

Ah, I think the Shimano ones are a bit different from the ones I had in mind. The Ashima, Avid, Hayes, Sram etc on CRC all seem to have only one set of holes, ie bolt through from the caliper straight into the fork, so just a glorified spacer really. Thanks people.

br
    Free Member

Also beware that Fox 36’s (not sure which fork you are using) run a different spacer to the norm, for 180’s.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah, I think the Shimano ones are a bit different from the ones I had in mind

I’m running a Hope mini with my mount (used it on Lyriks and Marz 55s) and it works fine.

specializedneeds

Noted, thanks. Fork is a 2011 Revelation Maxle.

specializedneeds

Mama: think we’re at cross purposes, I’m sure the Shimano adapter works with all kinds of caliper/fork combos. I just meant they have achieved the same thing in a different way from the type of adapter I have I’m mind.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d guess the spacing measurements are much the same. Not seen any single hole adaptors but I guess they’d need to use extra-long bolts.

specializedneeds

Not convinced dims need to be the same, see here:
    SRAM adapter

Sorry, I would post a pic if I knew how to on this phone!
    Thanks

Edit: I should have posted a pic to start with, so that people knew what I’m on about! C’est la vie!

coatesy
    Free Member

Aye, Avid adaptors only have two bolt holes (and longer bolts), but the spacing is still different top to bottom.

specializedneeds

😳
    I didn’t see Rudedog had kindly answered way back on post 5! Sleep deprevation is my excuse , I’m 11 hours ahead of GMT and was holding my 2 week old in the other hand. My last post doesn’t make much sense to me either. Think I meant dims don’t need to be like the Shimano adapter, which everyone else already knew because they actually read the thread properly!
    Thanks everyone!

Just one thing: is that really the dims for a 180 rotor, Avid use 185mm no? Makes little difference I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Calling anyone with a PM fork and 180mm rotor’ is closed to new replies.