Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Calling all Southampton and local area Cyclists
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am trying to get permission for a cycle play area in the Sport Centre (http://southamptoncycle.wordpress.com/)

All seems to be going well but the guys who run the area (Active Nation) want to know that there is a demand both within Southampton and the surrounding area.

Please can you do the 2 surveys on the web site. If you are in Shirley, pop into The Hub bike shop and sign the petition or if you see me, I will probably have a petition on me.

Cheers

Nick

scenetoomuch
    Free Member

Done and done, DusterBenny and I work at Cyclexperience in Brockenhurst and would be happy to put a petition up in as many of our stores as possible, we also have a place in Hythe.

Hairychested
    Free Member

WCA’s another good project, top man!

DT78
    Free Member

Done, and I signed your paper petition last sunday 🙂

petestuart
    Free Member

Done. Great idea Nick. Hope you get the go ahead. Any help you need I’m sure all us locals can donate some time and effort to a good cause.

I’ll pop into the hub soon to sign the petition.

Pete

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

scenetoomuch / dusterbenny – Are you working today, I might pop down?

Lummox

i must be blind i’ve looked at the active nation page several times and still cant see the surveys?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Done!

Lummox – it in the bar at the top of the page 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t live in Southampton but ride down in Lordswood every now and then and have mates there.
    We often pass through the sports centre on our rides, so it would be good if this was somewhere we could stop and have a play, although by the sounds of it, it looks like it might be a bit more family oriented and a bit tame??
    Even so, will spread the word. 🙂

Lummox

ok hate to admit i must be a thicky, have gone onto active nation southampton, after registering on a scottish one, still cannot see anything obvious in the top bar menus?

could someone write a thicky step by step to the surveys?

apologies for my apparent ineptness

********* edit – found it, was mistakenly looking on Active nations sites*********

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

http://southamptoncycle.wordpress.com/

brakes – Look at the track design. See those two straight trails down the middle, wouldn’t they look good with some rollers that you could double up and a couple of table tops? See those little green bits on the corners, they are berms. I understand that good riders can reach 20 mph and pull 3G through corners on a level pump track. How fast can you manage on a slope before you pull the brakes? It will be nice and tame for one part of the track to encourage kids and then graduate up to the advanced line where it will test even your legendary abilities 😉

I am doing this to get a fun play area for me, the fact everyone else benefits is a happy side effect.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Link poted on the newforce website… should help a little as we are local(ish) 😀

http://www.newforce.org.uk/phpBB3/

brakes
    Free Member

the advanced line where it will test even your legendary abilities

sorry, perhaps I underestimated its raditude
    I thought the green bits were run-off kitty-litter like in F1 🙂

40mpg

Done. Can you add a direct off-road cycle link to Lordswood while your sorting this please, perhaps taking in some bunker jumps as you cross the golf course!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

brakes – I will race you down the cocaine* line. brain blower.

I am trying to arrange a speed trap on the final line. TERMINAL velocity challenge anyone?

* very non-official name for the advanced fast flick berm line

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Surveys done – will highlight this at work this week

lucien

Surveys done, will spread the word

dobo
    Free Member

So what type of work would be required to maintain a cycle area of this type?

dusterbenny
    Free Member

surveys done, petition in the shop had 8 or 9 signatures on by the end of today.

exciting stuff!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Read the update – looks like we might make progress soon

Diary of Progress

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Southampton and local area Cyclists’ is closed to new replies.