Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Calling all runners.
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

My sister is a final year student doing product design at leeds university. She has a survey that she needs runners to fill out for her final year project, if anyone has a couple of minutes to spare she would really appreciate it.

http://dotsurvey.me/3d1ku336-eaawief

cynic-al
    Free Member

Done.

She asks about “barefoot running” then “barefoot/minimalist running” – lacks clarity – does she also mean forefoot-strike running in normal shoes?

scratch
    Free Member

Done

julioflo
    Free Member

Done – good effort by your sis. A well put together survey.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, cynic-al I’ll foreword the question to her.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Cynic-al: This was her response to the question:

Forefoot strike running in minimalist shoes like Vibram FiveFingers. Rather than forefoot strike running in standard/supportive running shoes.

ajc
    Free Member

Done. As mentioned above it is a bit unclear about forefoot running, barefoot running. Lots of people forefoot strike in all shoe types. Racing flats and fell running shoes have been ‘minimalist’ for years. Are these meant to be included in the minimalist shoe section or is the survey only relating to a so called modern trend in running shoes, eg five fingers?

Good luck with the project

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta DG, that’s how I answered it – could still use clarification on the survey though IMO (I accept I may be being pedantic here!)

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Done too!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The whole barefoot/minimalist/natural thing is a nightmare as you can see people perceptions vary so much,

Survey done.

convert

Done. Nice survey although it did try and pigeon hole me to a single type of running surface. Like 90% of the runners I know I run both off road and on road in relatively equal measure so I went for “other” and typed in both.

Cougar

Done.

I’d second what Convert said, I voted for the majority.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Done. Seemed better than most of the product design surveys out there.

emsz
    Free Member

done

stever
    Free Member

Hiya, too many questions that needed clarifying to me. Sorry!

seanoc
    Free Member

Done; and as a supernator (when I’m knackered) I like where it is going.

May have been a good idea to provide a brief outline to avoid the pedantry. barefoot is actual barefoot, minimalist is everything between barefoot and regular trainers (Asics Nimbus, Saucony Triumph, etc.)

sofatester
    Free Member

Done. Seemed fairly straight forward to me.

rsvktm

Done

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry slow morning in work.

Done questionaire no probs… but… shoes to tell you how you are running? What’s that all about?

Can you not tell by touch/feel how your feet have hit the ground? I’d argue if you can’t, you’ve got greater problems than what a pair of wizz bang trainers can fix ?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

but… shoes to tell you how you are running? What’s that all about?

Nike+ is very similar, you put a computer ship in the sole of the shoe and its send info to your phone/watch.

Similar to a cadence/speed sensor on a bike.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Calling all runners.’ is closed to new replies.