Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Calling all Pulp Fiction fans – what's your best bit and why?
  • greenboy
    Free Member

For me it’s a great film and the best bit is when Bruce Willis escapes and has his revenge…………..

clubber
    Free Member

Hmm tough call.

I think my favourite bit would be the travolta/thurman scene at the diner – the dialog at the table more than the dancing.

Though I find Bruce Willis’ girlfriend entertaining.

And Samuel L is great in his role even though it’s since become a bit of a cliché

woool
    Free Member

‘the watch’ scene – Christopher Walken’s cameo steals the entire film.

clubber
    Free Member

God, how could I forget that! Particularly as CW is one of my favourite actors.

Lifer
    Free Member

+ one for Walken and ‘this uncomfortable hunk of metal’

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

I still want to know whats in the case.

greenboy
    Free Member

You both have made good points there, thouble is the movie has so many facets it is hard to just pick just one!

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

CW is good, agreed, but I enjoy Mr Winston Wolf too !.

“I like oak, myself”

Oh, and..

“Pretty Please with sugar on top. Clean the F***** car”

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

“MOTHER ******”

…and then Butch runs him over.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The Path of the Righteous scene or the watch scene for me.

_tom_
    Free Member

“Zed’s Dead Baby, Zed’s Dead”

“Does he look like a bitch?” .. well that entire scene really!

There must be loads more good bits, I just can’t remember having not seen it for ages.

organic355
    Free Member

Vincent: Want some bacon?
    Jules: No man, I don’t eat pork.
    Vincent: Are you Jewish?
    Jules: Nah, I ain’t Jewish, I just don’t dig on swine, that’s all.
    Vincent: Why not?
    Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don’t eat filthy animals.
    Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
    Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I’d never know ’cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy !! . Pigs sleep and root in !!. That’s a filthy animal. I ain’t eat nothin’ that ain’t got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
    Jules: I don’t eat dog either.
    Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    Jules: I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.
    Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
    Jules: Well we’d have to be talkin’ about one charming !! pig. I mean he’d have to be ten times more charmin’ than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I’m sayin’?

!! EDITED

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the adrenaline needle bit for me. Just the mix of panic and Arquette general disinterest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfN8OrCPZvg

“that was f**king trippy”

geordiemick00
    Free Member

“oh man you shot marvin in the face’ for me…

loddrik
    Free Member

When marcelus is walking across the road and sees butch at the lights. The first crossing of stories and inti the best segment of the film IMO, zeds dead baby, zeds dead…

odannyboy
    Free Member

royale wth cheese, etc etc
    fantastic film.like an american comic book in my mind, just with real people acting it out.

sv

“Zed… Maynard. Spider just caught a couple of flies.”

And the retribution that is going to be dealt out at the end of the scene.

Harry_the_Spider

Bruce checking out the weapons before he goes back into the cellar.

organic355
    Free Member

anyone know if it available on bluray yet? (UK region 2) can only seem to find the regular DVD or US bluray version.

Need to sell my US region 1 collectors edition as I don’t have a multi region DVD player.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Walkens watch monologue!

longwayhome
    Free Member

“Bring out the gimp”

You just know things are going to get much worse!

user-removed
    Free Member

Another vote for the scene where Bruce has escaped. The way he picks up and examines the various weapons in a leisurely fashion, whilst someone is getting beggared nearby. You just know that his revenge will be sweeeeeet!

trailmonkey

i like the scene where they’re cleaning marvin’s brains out of the car. some classic dialogue that i won’t even try to replicate on here for fear of swearybob avoidance.
    i love the way he’s portrayed mundane work colleague annoyance with each other over something so catastrophic.
    genius.

Cougar

“Are you ok, Marselles?”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It’s all good, but..
    Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I’m sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn’t mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What’s the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
    Brett: What?
    Jules: What country are you from?
    Brett: What? What? Wh – ?
    Jules: “What” ain’t no country I’ve ever heard of. They speak English in What?
    Jules: English, mother******, do you speak it?
    Brett: Yes! Yes!
    Jules: Then you know what I’m sayin’!
    Brett: Yes!
    Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
    Jules: Say ‘what’ again. Say ‘what’ again, I dare you, I double dare you mother******, say what one more Goddamn time!

Hicksy
    Free Member

Strangley, my favourite bit is when they go to Jimmies house to clean up the car. There is some banter in the kitchen about coffee and how he always buys “the gourmet shit”. Anyway, Mr Wolf tastes his coffee and gives Jimmie an approving look – this aways cracks me up.

Great film.

theotherjonv

too many to list. From the first to the last scene the dialogue is just perfect. As is the score.

Happened across it when it was on the other night – the Jack Rabbit Slim scene leading into the adrenaline shot.

Uma Thurman is super hot even (especially) in the post-dead junkie scenes. Even with snot and blood running out of her nose, the scene where she walks back up the path:

VINCENT
    What are your thoughts on how to
    handle this?

MIA
    What’s yours?

VINCENT
    Well I’m of the opinion that
    Marsellus can live his whole live
    and never ever hear of this
    incident.

Mia smiles.

MIA
    Don’t worry about it. If Marsellus
    ever heard of this, I’d be in as
    much trouble as you.

VINCENT
    I seriously doubt that.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh yeah, the bit with the pop tarts!

Pigface
    Free Member

Massively over rated tosh with about 3 good scenes in the whole movie.

Putting him self in a scene with Harvey Kietel, Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta is pure comedy gold, he acts with the grace of a stump of wood.

jon1973
    Free Member

Did you really click on a “Calling all Pulp Fiction Fans” thread just to tell everyone you don’t like it?. Are you feeling a bit lonely today or something?

clubber
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Yay! There had to be one too cool for school post. Amazed it took so long…

theotherjonv

Putting him yourself in a scene with Harvey Kietel, Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta thread entitled ‘Calling Pulp Fiction fans’ is pure comedy gold trolling, he acts carried out with the grace of a stump of wood.

MussEd
    Free Member

I do agree about QT not being in the same league as an actor. His performance always grates an othetwise flawless film.

Del

Butch, on returning to his apartment to find his watch, culminating in him bumping off Jules when the toaster pops.
    actually the scene before that, too, when he can’t find the watch. ‘i specifically told you…’

MussEd
    Free Member

On thinking about it I think my favourite bit of the entire film is the soundtrack. Excelllence throughout…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

the dialogue near the beginning about the holiest of holes and foot massages, before they enter the aprtment and shoot ‘flock of seagulls’

robgarrioch

This thread has me returning to the mental challenge of ‘rearrange the scenes in the correct chronological order’…

They start off in the cafe, before which they had cleaned the car, before which they talked about Vincent ‘taking Mia out’. They go back to Marcelluss’s, Vincent has run in with Butch, who’s there being told to take a fall in a fight. Vince takes Mia out, she o.d.’s, they punch adrenaline into her, Vince takes her home. Butch goes back on the fall and leaves town with girlfriend, but first has to go get his watch, where he shoots Vincent, then runs Marcellus over, then is tied up / escapes / takes the sword out, then is let go by Marcellus….

I think…

Must watch it again, tonight!?

Sawyer
    Free Member

Big Kahuna Burger.

oldgit
    Free Member

Vincents walk. Just screams don’t mess.

MrNutt
    Free Member

he think totem pole alive
    he tenderfoot
    that totem pole been here forever.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Pulp Fiction fans – what's your best bit and why?’ is closed to new replies.