Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Calling all ladies!!! cycling clothing issues!
  • schinz
    Free Member

I am having serious problems finding high quality, performance bike wear of an equivalent standard to males clothes. I am looking for some padded bibtights or padded tights that I can wear in comfort all day. Also need an actually waterproof jacket suitable for wear in the Lakes when it pours down. My other half has an altura 360 attack and I would like something like that as he is always dry when I get soaked!
    I know I need to spend a fair bit of money to get good quality clothes but there seems to be very little choice out there for women in comparison to men.

Any help appreciated, thanks

nickc

My mate uses Endura. It’s relatively expensive but there’s generally a women’s version of men’s stuff. Also try Ground Effect for more mountain biking stuff, the women’s Wiggle range is pretty comprehensive and Howies have done women’s version of their very comfy seamless stuff.

And there’s always Rapha, you could leave hints for xmas.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Mrs K is very impressed with Morvelo for her women specific stuff rather than some other manufacturers who seem to make men’s stuff in smaller sizes and coloured purple for women.

schinz
    Free Member

Thanks nick

I have had a look at Endura and they only make one set of womens bib tights and the pad is of a lower standard than my Endura shorts. Thanks for the other brands I’ll have a look now and get writing an xmas wishlist!

ninfan
    Free Member

Mavic womens range is pretty extensive and often seen with good end of season discounts

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’ve given up trying to find women’s stuff and generally wear men’s.
    It usually means things don’t fit that well but if you really need really good technical gear it’s often better to get men’s as there’s just not the range in women’s gear. Also, if you opt for mens clothing, you can usually pick up a bargain as you’d likely be buying small sizes and it’s usually small or XL that are left on the shelves.
    Having said all that, Endura do make a good range of women’s stuff (as well as men’s!)

boxelder

Have you spoken to Keith at Biketreks? He da man.
    Or, drop in to Cyclewise at Whinlatter.
    Gore do a high quality (and price) range.

willstaffs
    Free Member

Another vote for Morvelo stuff from my girlfriend, they have just released some bib tights too!

schinz
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help. I have gone for wiggle honda bibtights and thinking the womens endura stealth jacket.

schinz
    Free Member

morvelo stuff looked really good but at £100 a bit on the expensive side! that said if they really are good then it would be worth it 😀

nickc

Careful with the Stealth, it’s very very warm I use mine only ever on sub zero days, most winters the Windchill is more than enough. even my mate uses her windchill, with a helly underneath if it’s single figures temp-wise, and she’s pathetic is the cold 😆

willstaffs
    Free Member

My girlfriend also has the wiggle honda bib tights, they are very thin so not so good on really cold days, the pad was decent though to start with but not holding out that well, her DHB roubaix vaeon have held up better which is surprising as they were cheaper!

ThePilot
    Free Member

Enduro stealth is a good choice. It is warm though for UK use but lots of vents to cool you down. It’s become my autumn jacket since moving to Finland 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

One of the Wiggle girls is a member on here and is responsible for the womens range.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Calling all ladies!!! cycling clothing issues!’ is closed to new replies.