Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Calling all Hebden Bridge locals
  • boo01
    Free Member

Hi ALL
    Can any Local riders from Hebden Bridge Area help?
    Was up Hebden this weekend riding some very
    good sections close to town, where fantastic!
    But looking at the hill around Hebden
    my route was just the tip of the iceberg!
    My route was from town up to Pecket well,
    Gibson woods, Zig Zag, midgets pit
    and back into town
    can anyone add any more good section to
    my route for next weeks ride ?
    Thanks

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve often done about 15 miles (only) and 1600m of descents yet not been more than 3 miles from the centre of Hebden at any point during the ride.
    Seriously, not just a glib comment, you just need to get a map and ride all the little dotted lines on the side of the valley. The steeper, the better. They’re all good. 😉

boo01
    Free Member

yep look very good 🙂
    do u use stava ??

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

do u use stava

not when I’m doing mega cheeky stuff around there 😉

grum
    Free Member

I’m local (since about 3 months ago) and I’ve still only scratched the surface. I think some of the cheeky stuff is a bit sensitive to talk about on t’internet.

Blue Pig is a good non cheeky one. Off the front of Stoodley Pike is good (but cheeky).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve often done about 15 miles (only) and 1600m of descents yet not been more than 3 miles from the centre of Hebden at any point during the ride.

Is what makes Hebden so good. You barely have to stray out of eyesight of Hebden town centre to have a few hours excellent riding. Of course a lot of it is ‘off piste’ but there are some good BWs too. Blue Pig, the zig zags you mention, Jack Bridge, Slack Tracks etc.

Honestly, I know it sounds cliche’d and pops up on every thread about Hebden but get out and just explore. Take a map and anything that looks like it has potential, try it. Yes, you’ll get some duds but for every few duds you’ll get an absolute belter 😀

grum
    Free Member

Which one is Slack Tracks?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I know it as the BW which comes down from Slack village. Theres (Ali’s?) Zig Zags BW which comes down from the Colden side of Slack into the valley and meets up with the Jack Bridge climb (ace fast track). Slack Tracks starts a bit further towards Heptonstall between two houses. Really, really quick track between two stone walls. Sweeps round to the left at the bottom and then the track forks. I think the BW carries straight on to meet the road back up to Heptonstall but veer right and it drops down over some dodgy cobbles before some steps onto the road/driveway (this is Punch The Wall).

Theres a few more trails in the immediate vicinity but I’m saying nowt else guvnor 😉

howsonp
    Free Member
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

^ tis a good one. Bit of a classic ride around here (featured in just about every magazine going I think!).

You can actually (if its dry – very dry) come off the descent to Hurstwood early and theres a very faint BW which comes into the back of Cant Clough. Sometimes good although if you drop all the way to Hurstwood theres the new(ish) trail centre type trail there to do a loop of. Its only 1km long or something.

The only let down of that ride is that the grand finale back into Hebden is just a concrete road. You could do with finding a more fun alternative route down 😉

grum
    Free Member

Ta

howsonp
    Free Member

Also half way down Hameldon decent (after Widdop) turn right and take the flowing switch back to Thursden. (check Google Earth)then ride back up the road and pick up Mary Townley via Gorpal and final shoot down into Hebden from Jack Bridge.

grum
    Free Member

Going to go and have a play on some of these right now, in glorious sunshine. Woop! 🙂

OzInbred

beautiful day out there grum, just back from a couple of hours round Hebden and Booth.

boo01
    Free Member

all sound good
    has anyone get a strava or Garmin route
    to follow using my garmin 800
    my best route is below

http://www.strava.com/activities/95419357

rickt
    Free Member

Take a read of this thread i provided input to.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-near-hebden-bridge

Dave
    Free Member

and final shoot down into Hebden from Jack Bridge.

Just say no kids, just say no…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

^ this. Its almost worth breaking the oath and publicising some good stuff to stop people wasting a descent on Jack Bridge!

boo01
    Free Member

Lol

grum
    Free Member

From yesterday’s ride… (phone pic)

RustySpanner

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

You can actually (if its dry – very dry) come off the descent to Hurstwood early and theres a very faint BW which comes into the back of Cant Clough. Sometimes good although if you drop all the way to Hurstwood theres the new(ish) trail centre type trail there to do a loop of. Its only 1km long or something.

The BW north of Hurstwood Res under Coldwell & over to Wycoller is a cracker, bit of everything, cafe at the end.

South of Hurstwood & Cant Clough, the BW is good fun.
    Then you’ve got Thieveley Pike, a couple of cracking descents from Crown Point back to Cliviger and a choice of good routes back to Tod.

boo01
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner
    have u a strava route i can use
    Thanks

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Progressed from Holcombe to Hebden today – just when you think yer pretty bike fit! Ooof

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Hebden Bridge locals’ is closed to new replies.