Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calling all Alfine users with seat stay cable routing – a quick question.
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

I'm about to send my old Merlin hardtail away for some frame mods (disc mount etc) and while it's there I'm going to change / reposition the guides on the right hand seat stay.

What I need to know is how far up the seat stay from the rear axle / dropout I should have the lowest guide positionned to give a nice smooth cable run into the Alfine cable arm thingy. I don't have an Alfine hub yet – waiting for 11 speed – so I can't measure it myself. So if any of you could nip out to the bike shed and measure yours for me (fnar, fnar) I'd appreciate it.

And before anyone points out that an under the BB / along chain stay routing is best for Alfine, I did consider this but this would mean even more frame modification work so more cost and result in the frame being covered in all manner of cable guides.

Thanks,

James

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Bump.

tonyg2003

Hi about half way down the seat stay on my On-One Inbred.Grey spacer on non-drive side give a clean bend. The chain just clears the hub cable guide so you may have to bend it slightly outwards.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Great, thanks Tony. That's about what I'd guessed.

mollyiom
    Free Member

tonyg2003

Oh and dont forget to carry a spanner in your camelbak now too!

psychle
    Free Member

hmmm… how do you angle it up the seatstay rather than along the chainstay? different nuts I guess? What colours are they please? 🙂

mollyiom
    Free Member

White drive side/silver non drive side obviously on a horizontal drop out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Alfine users with seat stay cable routing – a quick question.’ is closed to new replies.