• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Callendar Estate Trails – Falkirk area
  • grantus
    Free Member

Had posted up on here a day or two ago asking about these and got given a link the the estate website.

Had then e-mailed the fella asking if there was any more trailbuilding going on and got this reply in case any one is interested: –

Thank you for your email which comes at an opportune time. There are 3 matters that might be of interest to you.

1. Volunteering
    I have just taken on a development officer (Roz Pollock) on a short term contract to pull together a volunteer programme. The first stage of her work is to make contact with groups and individuals that have expressed an interest in the trail project to test whether there is interest in forming a volunteer group and if so what sort of resources would be required. Roz is on holiday this week but I will ask her to contact you when she returns. As part of the current trail building programme we have 200m of trail to build but as yet no specific design. One thought I want to discuss with Roz is to organise a group ride out one evening to look at where this might go. If this is going to happen I will be posting a notice on our face book page at Callendar Estate. I will also drop you an email

2. Howierig Conservation and Access Plan
    As part of the phase 2 of the project I hoping to build some additional board walk and trail at Howierig (close to the car park). Please see attached Project Plan. I am seeking funding from Sport Scotland and the Forestry Commission for this. To increace the chances of success I need to gather as much evidence of support and demand as possible. If you can send me an email or letter saying how much you appreciate the trails and that the project will lead to increaced use and participation by yourself/familly and friends and that the plans will also help to takle health issues by offering opportunities for exercise. I will need this by 15th September if possible

3. Community Development Trust
    We are looking to set up a community based Development Trust to work with Callendar Estate on issues such as future funding, path maintenance and volunteering. We have a steering group made up of members of community groups with which the Estate has worked for many years. The group met yesterday evening and agreed to launch the proposal at a public meeting which has been provisionally set for the evening of the 29th September. I will let you have details of this nearer the time so this is just advanced warning to put the date in your diary.

Guy Wedderburn CM Solutions, The Estate Office, Slamannan Road, Falkirk, FK1 5LX T:- 01324 624236 F:- 01324 632550 M:- 07833 670581

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Callendar Estate Trails – Falkirk area’ is closed to new replies.