Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Call that a berm pfft…
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

This is a berm, thing of beauty.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Jeez! You must be pulling a few g’s going into that!

eckinspain
    Free Member

This always tempts me at Hyde Park Corner

Northwind

That looks like it was baked rather than built- fab.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

No idea where it is, found the image on my tumblr feed.

Houns

I lurve berms, want a go!

unklehomered
    Free Member

See neither shows me what I want to so, how have they supported the back? The first image makes it look quite thin…

wwaswas

It turns out I’m incapable of reading the word ‘berm’ without using an Inspector Clouseau voice.

qwerty
    Free Member

how have they supported the back?

Your over thinking it, just think WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 😀

ads678

It turns out I’m incapable of reading the word ‘berm’ without using an Inspector Clouseau voice.

berm, did you say berm?

_tom_
    Free Member

Saw this earlier, looks so good. People complain about some trail centres being like bmx tracks but no trail centre I’ve seen or ridden comes close to anything nearly as awesome as this.

muddy9mtb

try this for size….

wave rock Australia…the aborigines were at it long before bikes were invented 8)

matt_outandabout

That can’t be the UK – it would be washed away by the rain every season…

qwerty
    Free Member

Wave Rocks been ridden

😛

njee20
    Free Member

+1

See neither shows me what I want to so, how have they supported the back? The first image makes it look quite thin…

Do you think? Look at the top edge compared to the wheel, it’s at least a foot thick, the construction looks pretty good. It’s wider lower down, you can see the back at the bottom.

muddy9mtb

nice one…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pfffffttttt, if you want to see berms, dig out the Ruben Alcantara Etnies Train Trip BMX video (think it’s on their site/youtube/viemo, or there’s a torrent for it), using huge (60+ft?) flodwater channels in Spain as Berms/halfpipes.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Well Ruben can ride pretty much anything. Seb Keep also pretty handy on a bike on odd transitions

People complain about some trail centres being like bmx tracks but no trail centre I’ve seen or ridden comes close to anything nearly as awesome as this.
    Well built BMX trails with rollers, jumps, berms etc are amazing to ride. I often wonder why we don’t see more creative stuff like that at trail centres, instead most ‘jump’ lines are just one mid sized tabletop after another.

VanHalen

Well built BMX trails with rollers, jumps, berms etc are amazing to ride. I often wonder why we don’t see more creative stuff like that at trail centres, instead most ‘jump’ lines are just one mid sized tabletop after another.

a) maintenance is high to keep em sweet.
    b) its alot of work to prepare
    c) most builders are not very good at it. enthusiastic but not creative.
    d) there are probably rules against this sort of thing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

e) they get trashed by average people not jumping them and just rolling/squashing them while dragging the back brake. The stepdown on the end of the blue at Sinley being a prime example, the whole thing was erroded away in the first week.

I’m guilty of that as anyone, I couldn’t visualise myself getting through it, not hitting the trees and making the corner afterwards!

That and the number of serious injuries on Red 25 (I think it’s that section, heading back towards jump gulley after the labrynth.).

cookeaa

I did think the same actually

Apparently it’s at some trails belonging to Banos Distribution, there’s some videos on youtube showing the trails (although not that specific berm) make it look like they have some very clay like dirt to work with that probably sets quite hard, But I bet it needed some timber structure in there to build it that high…

looks like a fun place to ride… if you can jump.

billysugger
    Free Member

Entry doesn’t look great.

You’d want to be hitting it at warp speed to get the best out of it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Call that a berm pfft…’ is closed to new replies.