Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Call of the Wild-Torridon
  • Kbrembo
    Free Member

Day off-Wife working and Kids away for the day….

Ok maybe not the best weather but decided to try another Torridon classic.. Circuit round Liathach

Temperature gauge sitting at +3 and mountain tops looking very pretty with a touch of snow.

Easy start on the road down Glen Torridon and slow climb up to Coire Mhic Nobuil.

Real nice Singletrack up through ancient Scots Pine with a thundering river raging below.

A few sneak peaks of Ben Alligin

This path soon opens up to the formidable surroundings of Torridon Classics- Alligin-Beinn Dearg-Liathach

Views were soon lost amongst the grey blackness and snow/sleet filled sky’s ahead in the Choire Dhuibh

The terrain got harder, the sky got grayer and it was more walking than pedaling…soon it was non cyclable for around the next 2 miles of rock strewn bog infested mess……

Then only the roars of the stags could be heard bellowing around the hills.

The call of the wild

Hustled between the formidable mountains…waiting for breaks in the weather.. too cold and wet to stop.

The sky’s cleared.. the path ahead smoothed

The descent begun

Superb trip… Not a huge amount of climbing but a lot of pushing that soon gets forgotten.

Very atmospheric trip

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Looks like a good day out!

I’ve always been put off by the middle section, even though I’m firmly of the belief that a proper ride should have some carrying. Swearing and crying girls are good too.

radoggair
    Free Member

Swearing and crying girls are good too.

i never once cried 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nice one, it’s a heck of a carry. Well done for stopping to take pics on the way down, not sure I’d have wanted to stop if I’d been on my own 🙂

scotbike
    Free Member

oh man! wish you hadn’t gone and posted that!
    <wipes dust from eye>

…I think about you all the time
    Caledonia you’re calling me
    And now I’m going home
    If I should become a stranger
    You know that it would make me more than sad
    Caledonia’s been everything
    I’ve ever had

hairyscary

In good weather the views must be stunning.

A very wet day in june 2008

The middle bit ‘frustrating’ bit

The reward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jocarda1/sets/72157605904955329/with/2621206047/

druidh
    Free Member

Awesome photo essay.

Next year. Next year. Next year….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Call of the Wild-Torridon’ is closed to new replies.