Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Call of Duty – World at War on the Wii
  • stumpy01

OK, so I thought I'd treat myself to this game yesterday evening. I originally was gonna go for Medal of Honour & Tomb raider from Argos for £30 but they were sold out.

Now, I always thought I was quite handy at this kinda game, but I was rubbish at it. The controls are quite hard to get the hang of & I was straight into the thick of the action getting shot to bits or blown up by a grenade.

When I used to play games like this on the PS1, the first level was always dead simple to get you into the spirit of the thing & learn the controls. Now either this was supposedly 'easy' and I am never going to manage later levels or I am now an 'old bloke' who can't play computer games. Which is slightly worrying.

Soon, I will be unable to understand all sorts of technology & have to find local 10 year olds to help with anything that has an on/off button and some leds on!!
    I am going to have another go now, in the vain hope that it was the 3 cans of Pedigree I drunk last night that affected my hand/eye co-ordination!

WTF
    Free Member

CoD WaW is harder than say the first one for obvious reasons but it is even harder to play on the Wii as it isn`t really designed for games like that.
    The Wii is good for Mario Kart ,Wii sports etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL – you wanna try it on a PS3 in the online mode against hillbilly Americans. You spend the first few days dying constantly. But you DO get the hang of it 🙂

fubar
    Free Member

It's not just me then. I think the controls for the Wii version are poor / frustrating. I've only played it twice and I intend to sell it ASAP and buy the Xbox version instead.

p.s. I'd be rushing back to Argos to get my money back (do they allow exchange on non-faulty games ?)

redthunder
    Free Member
    fwb2006
    Free Member

MM, not tried that, downloading now, thanks.

stumpy01

Slowly getting the hang of it…..gonna get back on it in a few mins, once I have poured out my last can of Pedigree & readied a nice bottle of red to follow it up!

Wii controls are weird. The buttons go: a, b, c, z (what?!), +, -, 1, 2

nice & logical.

The Wii is better for 'fun' games I agree, but I've got the Wii fit, Mario Kart & Wii Sports & wanted something a bit more proper like.
    Can't really justify a PS3 when there are camera lenses/flash guns still on the wishlist, and a new bike on the horizon (when the 2010 ones finally get here!). Also need some new shoes as my spds are well worn now. I think the straps are going to snap everyime I use them!!

M-F – used to work with a bloke who was born here, but grew up in the US. He was really good at these kind of games, but used to come in every day & moan about how he had his butt kicked by an American Hillbilly or 10yr old the night before!!

fubar
    Free Member

wanted something a bit more proper like.

Have you tried Resident Evil 4…now that is a proper game for the Wii.

stumpy01

erm….not yet. Was a toss up between the new Transformers one & CoD.

I used to like Resident Evil on the PS1 until I got to one bit I could not get passed for weeks & I gave up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Call of Duty – World at War on the Wii’ is closed to new replies.