Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calibre Bossnut V2 – what size would I need?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone would be able to nudge me in the right direction.

I’m 5’11” and am pretty much settled on the large (19.5″). The reach and ETT on this are very similar to my Dartmoor Primal hardtail which is bang on, so I think this is going to be the right size. The XL looks a bit gate-like in its proportions and I think they’ve eked the extra reach out by using a 60mm stem over the 45mm on the smaller two sizes, so I can’t really see that the XL is going to be a good idea. All other measurements on the large are pretty much the same as my hardtail.

Anyone else own one who is in the ‘never quite made it to six foot’ club?

dannyh
    Free Member

Bump, if anyone can help……

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Large especially if you want to fit a dropper the xls are very tall.

dannyh
    Free Member

the xls are very tall

That’s what I thought as I’ve specifically googled pics of the XL and it does look like a bit of a gate whilst only adding 21mm to the reach or 18mm to the ETT for nearly two inches less standover…….

dannyh
    Free Member

Trigger pulled!

My first full suss after 11 years, oo-er. Hardtail for most rides, this will be for rocky days out in the Peaks and elsewhere.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

You will be happy with the L size.
    I’am 183 cm – means only 3 cm taller than you. Ordered the Bossnut V2 around 1 1/2 months in L size. Enjoy the biker very much, the size is exactly right. Moved the saddle all the way back – means with your size the L Bossnut V2 will a perfect bike.
    When receiving the bike: please put a couple hours in for assembly (and re-assembly). The bike is low priced due to the fact that Calibre doesn’t spend a lot of care when putting the thing together…
    I enjoy riding the bike now – the Bossnut V2 is soooo much better than my 5 year old 29 inch tire mountain bike hardtail. Planned also to still use the hardtail for “bad weather” stuff. But didn’t ride the hardtail once since Ii received the Bossnut.
    You will have a lot of fun with it!
    Great bike!

dannyh
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply!

I picked up the ‘Nut this evening and I’m definitely glad I opted for L. I’m going to replace the bars (I’m used to 810mm on the hardtail), put in a dropper and stick some SPDs on. Then I’m going to ‘have it’. Oh, and convert to tubeless as well.

I absolutely love my hardtail, though, and it will continue to be my workhorse bike. I ride a lot locally (the odd class bit of woodland/quarry interspersed with farm tracks and road), so the Bossnut will be reserved (mostly) for away days in the Peaks, Long Mynd and further afield. I try to get a couple of away trips in every 2-3 months, so this bike is a little luxury I’ve awarded myself for my 40th.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Sounds great!
    Maybe an idea, suspension bearings: when I was riding in bad, wet weather stuff I let the Bossnut dry. Then I use a (dry) brush and clean all suspension bearing locations. After this I spray silicone spray onto all the bearing points (the one above crank, the one on seat post, and the ones close to rear hub).
    Not for lubrication purpose but to keep water and crap out. Seems to work very well. Water mixed with dirt doesn’t stick on silicone. When the Bossnut is dried this dirt close to the bearings is easily brushed away. Only be careful not to spray silicone onto the brake discs…
    In Summer – dust – conditions I won’t use any spray on these bearings. Dry dust will also stick on silicone which then might creep into the swivel bearings and accelerates wear then.
    I suspect that the swivel bearings of the Bossnut can be parts we have to take care of.
    Cleaning the bike with water: made some bad experience with my old mountain bike (not the Bossnut). Now I use only very seldom the water hose on my bike any more. To get “extreme” crap off right after the ride I use a water bucket and an old brush.
    Have fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calibre Bossnut V2 – what size would I need?’ is closed to new replies.