Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • Calibre Bossnut – Potential problem
  • baldiebenty
    Free Member

Not sure it’s much help but I’m 5’10 and running a 125 drop reverb with a couple of cm out of the large frame.

prawny

Large! I must have dwarf legs, I wouldn’t have been able to get my 100mm drop KS eten on a medium.

I do wonder sometimes who uses these massive long posts. I could get a 150mm reverb on my new vitus, but I was between sizes on that, if it had been a full suss I’d have gone for the bigger one.

d3ftone
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, I think I’ll go with a 125mm and not chance it.

Was asking about the tune (mm, hl, ml, etc) cause I was considering throwing a monarch plus debonair on there and wanted to match up the tunes.

Plenty of options for external routing: reverb, ks, the new fox transfer, and I think 9point8 just came out with one or is about to.

juanghia
    Free Member

This is surely a shocking indictment on the Benefits System that people can both buy a Calibre bike AND pay for broadband.

caballero
    Free Member

Different issues but what looks like a crack where mini triangle meets top tube, bloke in the shop forwarded these pics to Mike Sanderson who suggests that its probably the putty surrounding the weld?? Or that I have been running too little seatpost… This sounds like a contradiction to me, putty crack or frame cracking due to seatpost set up…. Have emailed customer service and am waiting on feedback, hopefully get this sorted, it’s a lovely bike to ride.

caballero
    Free Member

[/url]

caballero
    Free Member

tillydog
    Free Member

caballero
    Free Member

Cheers Tillydog….

tillydog
    Free Member

It looks like “it” is a result front/back flexing of the seat tube.

“It” could be cracks in the filler.

Is/was your seatpost long enough to go past the seat tube / top tube joint?

My £0.02, anyway 🙂

superstu
    Free Member

That doesn’t look good!

coomber
    Free Member

How much seat post is past that brace would be my first question. That’s usually the problem with these. Could just be a failure though.

caballero
    Free Member

Seatpost is probably 2/3 cm past the brace I’d guess…

richmorr
    Free Member

First post on the forum and I wish I was say how good my calibre bike is but I can’t. Purchase the new beastnut and within 5 mins the chain had come off and stuck behind the low gear. Fixed it went for a ride and again it came off. Freed the chain but the derailleur had gone slack. Had the bike less then two hours and road about 30 minutes before having to going back to gooutdoors and when I did the Wakefield store was so unhelpful. Looking into it I don’t think the high/low adjustment screws hadn’t been set….so much for a full PDI 🙁

Poopscoop

Welcome to the forum mate!

Sorry to hear you’ve had some issues.

As you say, it’s almost definitely a set up issue with the limit screws. Cable will no doubt need adjusting to some degree too.

Not the end of the world but I get your frustration.

I’ve had some expensive bikes give similar issues right out of the shop over the years.

It’s one essential piece of fettling you need to know how to do yourself at some point. Even if set up perfectly once cables stretch and things bed in the shifting will go out of kilter at some point. That’s forgetting mud and normal wear and tear.

Definitely not sticking up for shoddy PDI’s but I’ve set up gears on a bike stand that shift to perfection only to find they behave totally different under load when being ridden.

That said,I will always tend to have the limit screws set in a little “pessimistically” initially to make double certain it doesn’t throw the chain off. I then let the limit screws out a little at a time as necessary, adjusting indexing as needed till shifting is precise and reliable with the chain still behaving itself.

Plenty of guides and videos online about it. Everyone does the adjustments slightly differently but the fundamentals are the same.

Good luck with getting the bike sorted. I don’t own one but it’s a great bike for the money by all accounts!

richmorr
    Free Member

Go Outdoors needs better training…. alarm bells should have rung when picking up the bike and during setting up the sag for the rear shock she had to call the technician who was off sick because sh didn’t known what to do…she was really helpful but just didn’t know. At the time I didn’t have a clue but I’ve learnt a lot in the last 24 hours.

Poopscoop

richmorr – Member

Go Outdoors needs better training…. alarm bells should have rung when picking up the bike and during setting up the sag for the rear shock she had to call the technician who was off sick because sh didn’t known what to do…she was really helpful but just didn’t know. At the time I didn’t have a clue but I’ve learnt a lot in the last 24 hours.

Hmmm… not good or confidence inspiring.

What is the bike like now, gears sorted?

Well worth buying a shock pump if you don’t have one. You will definitely want to tinker with air pressures. 🙂

richmorr
    Free Member

It came back yesterday and it seems to be fixed the gears are not jumping…the store luckily had a technician from another store in to train and he fixed it. test is tomorrow as I’m off the sherwood pines 🙂

Poopscoop

Great news bud!

The drive train will bed in a bit so don’t be surprised if the crisp shifting deteriorates slightly.

Then either take back to the shop or decide whether to have a dabble yourself. I was lucky as I learnt to index gears from a pretty experienced guy back in the day.

That’s the best way to learn, from example. These days YouTube might, might suffice… 😉

richmorr
    Free Member

The beastnut lived up to its name today. Had so much fun and shaved 45mins of my time at sherwood pines compare to my 13 year old mtb with bust suspension . Not sure if it’s been set up right like you said it doesn’t feel as crisp but it has a 6 weeks service in August not sure if I fancy playing with the gears yet. First impression I like it.

Poopscoop

Great mate!

Sound like you’ve got off to a great start.

You must post pics of bike and the ride though.

It’s the “law” on here! 😀 😉

richmorr
    Free Member

I’ll get some pics taken n post them up

richmorr
    Free Member
    Poopscoop

Nice looking bike bud, you must be chuffed!

You’ll get a bit of flack from some for keeping the defectors on your pedals though. 😉 Not by me though. If you ride to your trails they can be useful!

Are they the pedals that came with it? If so you might be looking for better ones at some point anyway. One of the best and cheapest upgrades to a bike I think!

Again, great looking bike mate, need to get it muddy now. 😀

If possible in this great weather at the moment! Lol

richmorr
    Free Member

Haha funny you should say that my mate who I ride with been taking the michael about the pedals. It’s the first upgrade I’m doing….next payday. Proper chuffed with so much fun too.

Poopscoop

Yeah, the pedals…

It’s a “thing” in mtb to many.lol

You going to be sticking with flats or going to try mastering the dark of clipless? 😀

richmorr
    Free Member

no no no not clipless sticking to flats for now. Do you recommend any?

Poopscoop

Both have merits but I only ride flats now.

Plastic peaks are popular at the moment.

Light, cheap(ish) and don’t look totally rubbish after being scratched/ having chunks removed from them.

Worth looking at Nukeproof ones and there are many others that use the same/similar pedal and just re-brand them.

I recently got a set from China as they were so cheap and look/seem identical to the branded ones. Could of weeks to arrive from eBay seller. Not tried them yet though!

Will find the thread… Brb

Chinese pedals from eBay

richmorr
    Free Member

Thx mate they look ok the ones on eBay…saw some nuke proof pedals at go outdoors when I got the bike and they weren’t to badly priced.

Poopscoop

Just make sue you put a dab of thread lock on the pedal pins, whatever the Brand.

Lost 3 on first ride with the Nukeproofs fitted. Lol

joebristol

That’s not a bad looking bike at all – are they about £2300 or am I making that up? The frame looks pretty chunky vs the forks – are they revelations? I had 150mm revs on my last bike and they were pretty good in fairness. 1×11’NX by the look of it too – that’s great value for money.

richmorr
    Free Member

The bike is £1299. It’s got sram nx and sram re brakes. It’s got the revelation with 140mm and it the monarch r at the back. Value for money I did think it was too bad for full suspension what sold it for me I’ve the bossnut v2 was the dropper post. I’ve not got much comparison but it rides really nice.

Poopscoop

richmorr …sram re brakes…

Nice.

You wont be lacking in braking power for sure! 🙂

richmorr
    Free Member

It can definitely stop…which is good I need to build my up skills. At lady cannings I got taken by surprise a few times with a quick bend. Not road in the years.

Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Calibre Bossnut – Potential problem’ is closed to new replies.