Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calibre Bossnut…
  • gonzy
    Free Member

a friend is looking for a new bike. he’s a bit of a newbie and already has a hardtail but he’s now looking at a f/s and this falls within budget.
    recent reviews in a couple of magazines have given it glowing reviews…is it worth the money and has anyone actually ridden one that can offer some feedback?
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/review-calibre-bossnut-15-49789/

sazter

I’d be more inclined to look at the deals on other bikes at this time of year, can get a Cannondale Trigger for under 1k… here’s the thread

devash
    Free Member

Looks incredible value but it makes me wonder where they cut corners. Also, the effective top tube is very short in relation to the seat tube. Reminds me of the older German “tall n’ short” (Cube / Canyon) geometry, which may or may not suit everyone.

northerntom
    Free Member

2nd hand you’d get a lot more for your money. A great entry level bike though.

aside from the ridicculous name. Not sure what a bossnut is, but likely will find in a backstreet in Amsterdam

gonzy
    Free Member

2nd hand you’d get a lot more for your money.

i know…i’ve been trying to convince him that would be the better option but he swaying towards a new bike…that cannondale looks good though

chakaping
    Free Member

You might get something better secondhand for £1k, or you might get problems and have to spend another £500 putting it right.

I’d take the plunge, looks an ace first FS bike.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for reduced reputable brand such as the Triggers at Paul’s, can’t think of any reason why you’d buy the bossnut instead.

kimbers

trigger all the way

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calibre Bossnut…’ is closed to new replies.