Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calf cramps overnight.
  • tarquin
    Free Member

Had a moderate ride yesterday on the road bike, just under a couple of hours, pushed myself moderately as I always do. Drank a couple of bottles while out to keep hydrated, probably 1.5L, it wasn’t that hot, I average about a bottle (800ml) per hour.

Had an easy afternoon around the house. Came to this morning about 9am having my Sunday lie in when I wake with a start due to massive cramp in my left leg.

Massaged it a bit which helped, and did an easy 20km just to spin the legs over before lunch. Made sure I have been drinking plenty of water, so unsure what caused it and how to avoid in future.

rOcKeTdOg

But a bit of salt in ur drink, just enough so it doesn’t taste, i used to get hamstring cramp after long rides

bol

I occasionally get this whether I’ve been pushing hard or not. Hi5 Zero electrolyte tablets in your water bottles might help. They taste alright and aren’t full of calories like energy drinks.

globalti
    Free Member

Cramp goes away fast if you stick your head under the bedclothes and re-breathe your own CO2. Really.

Gorehound
    Free Member

But a bit of salt in ur drink, just enough so it doesn’t taste, i used to get hamstring cramp after long rides

Second that. I used to suffer from serious hamstring cramps after every ride until I this.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

third that, i used to suffer cramps in my legs during and after a big ride. Now use high5 or Nuun electrolyte tablets in my water and no cramps anymore

Slogo
    Free Member

i find lifting your knee unto your chest helps with the pain.

get some salt in you.

fizzicist
    Free Member

As has been said – more electrolytes. If you’re not trying to lose weight, then have a recovery drink after your ride. Also helps if you have a warm down after the ride – 5 minutes or so pushing a light gear slowly.

Have a Banana and/or calorie free electrolyte drink half an hour to an hour before bed too.

I usually know I’m training hard when I have back spasms as I’m dozing off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calf cramps overnight.’ is closed to new replies.