Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Calderdale route
  • crispo
    Free Member

Can anyone comment on a route that I was hoping to ride on Friday? Just some other alternative bits to try and get the best out of it.

Plan was to park at Hurstwood and ride up the pennine bridleway towards Tod. The idea was to come down past the golf course? And then across the road and take the bridleway that runs under stoodly? Down to Hebden Bridge then back round to Widdop Res. Back over the top to finish with the long downhill back to Hurstwood.

Any thoughts on that as a route?

Cheers!

fubar
    Free Member

Don’t drop off by the golfcourse (i.e. towards lake)…follow to the end of the track (Lydgate), it’s a fun track. I also rate sticking to the Pennine Bridleway (PBW) past the animal sanctuary via Chelburn reservoir…that’s another fun descent down towards the canal. You can use the canal for a mile or two before heading back up on the PBW towards Stoodley . The canal is always good for bailing out / getting back quickly towards Littleborough.

stumpyjon

Good route and the trails are dry (were tonight on the other side of the valley anyway).

nick1962
    Free Member

Ignore fubar’s post(in the nicest possible way) I think he’s geographically confused 🙂 Your route sounds fine,I’ll send you an email.

crispo
    Free Member

I was looking at his suggestions on a map getting a little confused. Seemed to be turning into somewhat of an epic in length!!

Thanks for the info!

Looking forward to it, hope the weather stays as it is!

fubar
    Free Member

I think he’s geographically confused

😳 yes ignore me, wrong end of the stick / map (again)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale route’ is closed to new replies.