Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Calderdale parking
  • NazNomad
    Free Member

Heading up to Calderdale next weekend to recce a ride for a future club ride.
    Any recommendations on suitable parking for maybe 5 or 6 cars on a Sunday, preferably between Hebden Bridge & Todmordon?

Cheers, Dave

tmb467
    Free Member

There’s a nice little picnic spot between the two towns – room for a few cars there

steel4real
    Free Member

Here

And a few spaces in the layby where the butty van is about 50 yds from this towards Hebden.

Some nice trails finish at or near either AND some of them are actual bridleways 🙂

RustySpanner

Excellent food van too, if she’s not busy being a midwife.

Try the hot roast sandwiches, mmmm.

NazNomad
    Free Member

Is that the one at the bottom of Rodwell end?

nick1962
    Free Member

Yes,but there’s a height restriction for large vans though iirc.Vans can park in the aforementioned laybys or in the car park next to the canal lockhouse (Haugh rd) in the opposite direction closer to Tod.

kirky72
    Free Member

Tmb467 has it right.

If you do a variation on the full Calderdale loop you get to Finish down the switchbacks down from the golf course as well spits you right back at the cars.

A few options to start with you can go down the road or the canal a bit and climb up through the woods to the bridleway passing in front of stoodley park and then drop down horseshoe lane or as I prefer I take the shaw wood road climb up and join the same bridle way.

dazh

I believe they’re doing ‘work’ (aka flattening it) on the trail down to the rodwell car park. Best place is probably the layby further up the road towards Hebden. Tod station is a good option too if you don’t mind starting and finishing there.

kirky72
    Free Member

Buggers! Those zig zags though pretty short were always good.

NazNomad
    Free Member

Cheers guys, just got to decide on a route now. Done the Calderdale Classic a few times so fancy something different. Perusing the Vertebrate guide book for options, looking to string about 25 miles together

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale parking’ is closed to new replies.