Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Calderdale Overgate Hospice 26 miler – Help i’ve only got one sponsor!
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Hi i’m doing the 26 mile “mountain bike challenge” around calderdale this sunday 21st to support Overgate Hospice in Elland. They look after the terminally ill in the local area to make their life a little bit more bearable before they go. The ride’s on Sunday but so far i’ve only got one sponsor!

If you’d like to sponsor me you can donate a fixed amount at http://www.justgiving.com/timlovelady

Anything Helps!

Thanks, Tim.

bomberman
    Free Member

OK so i only got one sponsor, nevermind! Next time i’m going to get at lest two. That’ll show y’all 👿

fubar
    Free Member

I just tried to donate (honest!) and the ‘just giving site’ failed….next year perhaps (unless I remember to try again later!)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

How’d you get on Tim? Was going to enter but work commitments got in the way. Saw the route – going UP wireworks after dropping down the fire-road through North Dean Woods. Can’t see any logic in that! Rest of the route looked ok though. Nice descent after Norland Moor down Fiddle Lane etc.

bomberman
    Free Member

I came 43 ish out of 200 odd riders,2 hours 20mins 🙂

I really enjoyed the course actually it was nice to see my local route varied and added to with lots of cheeky trails that i never even knew existed. Some bits of that route i have done time and time again so had a bit of an advantage, like the trail over norland moor. I think i’ll ride that one again a couple of times.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I did 3hr 10! But i’m a fat bleg with a patriot!!! The uphills after scammonden toward outlane were the ones that did me!! never ridden them before, and nearly crashed into the back of someone who stopped dead in front of me going down into Copley. Good ride tho, good atmosphere. Well done all

cheese@4p

I enjoyed it too, hot weather and tough climbing made it a good challenge.
    I also had a time of 3.10 so must’ve been close to you Doog.
    Saw one bad looking crash at the bottom of the Fiddle lane descent but the rider was OK at the end.
    Someone said the fastest time was 1.30 something, which kind of puts things into perspective!
    Pennine X is the next challenge event round our way.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Sweating profusely on a baby blue patriot that was me!! Didn’t see any crashes tho, but i’ve long been a fan of fiddle lane and its sketchy bottom!! Yeah 1.30 is some good going, specially on them hills up to outlane. Apparently theres a ride round Calderdale to do with the scouts which is supposed to be good. I’ll try get some details. May do pennine x yet.

nigew
    Free Member

Doog, You just missed a spectacular crash, i was the captain on the comedy tandem that kept getting in the way, we stacked it on the wall on the sandy singletrack after the old chickenhuts 😉

Oh and we just beat you, 3.09

The scout challenge from Sowerby is a killer, esp if it rains the night before!

Nige

TheDoog
    Free Member

Im sure i rolled in just before you but who cares eh?? Twas a good day. I liked the old farmers sat outside by the bridleway on the last big climb saying alright to everyone!!

nigew
    Free Member

Id forgotten about them, yes v funny.
    You must have got back first, i think you past us going down the rocky field before we had our last off 😳 like you say who cares?

TheDoog
    Free Member

Yeah you told me to go to the right of you!! I thought i heard some falling off type happenings behind me but had to concentrate on the grey soup at the bottom near the gate!!

bomberman
    Free Member

woohoooo 2 sponsors!

fubar
    Free Member

make that 3

bomberman
    Free Member

Great stuff cheers fubar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale Overgate Hospice 26 miler – Help i’ve only got one sponsor!’ is closed to new replies.