Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calderdale MTB Challenge
  • footstomper
    Free Member

Anyone else on here do it? Thought it was okay but a little bit too much road for my liking; but it was a little easier than normal as the new Mud X tyres I used for the first time where fantastic on the tarmac (very fast rolling).
    I did it in 2 hours 48 mins so was well chuffed 😛 (thats a very good time for me) I believe the first home was under 2 hours 😯

That last big decent was like riding down a mud (waterfall 😕 ) but great fun, it was that last climb to the finish that really finished me off 😥 that had to be the hardest last stretch I have ever come across.

During the after ride pint one of the Lads mentioned that he had got a number for a mobile stripper from a car enroute to the finish who likes to dip in and out, after falling about laughing 😆 😆 😆 we explained that it was in fact a mobile door stripping service 😛

MrSparkle

Did you see Matt and Paul J there? I think they were doing it. How far was it, btw?

tifferz
    Free Member

I did it for 1st time this year – as footstomper says I thought it was ok although quite a lot of road compared to other "marathon" events I have done this year.

Seemed to be quite a lot of people doing it which caused a bit of congestion in places but a good day out.

That last climb up to the finish is a real killer – not sure whether it is better to know about it or not – will find out next year!!

Any sign of the results yet?

stumpyjon

Good time, took me 3.5 last year. Mud can be fun in places, particularly if you're down the field.

footstomper
    Free Member

Did you see Matt and Paul J there? I think they were doing it. How far was it, btw?

No did not see them, I was around no540ish so a lot of people at the start! it was approx 26 miles but that last 1/2 – 3/4 mile climb at the end made it feel a lot more.

Any sign of the results yet?

I would think we might see something later in the week.

Alphabet

I did it for the first time this year and found it hard going due to the weatehr and the mud.

Does anyone have the route on their gps that they could email me please? My address is in my profile. Ta.

marco
    Free Member

The results are up on their website already.
    1hr 56mins for the winner. f..k me! Pleased with my 3.28 though
    I agree about the last climb. utterley horrible

yoda
    Free Member

2.36 for me.
    First time I've done it.I was told to save myself for the last climb which I was doing, then realised I was actually on the last climb and could/should have burried myself and improved by at least 5 places.Damn!
    Definitely need a hardtail for next year,the hills were a real drag on my full suss trail centre type bike.
    Good organisation though and top tea and cakeage afterwards too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale MTB Challenge’ is closed to new replies.