Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Calderdale Locals – Whats the definitive 1 day route
  • lowey

Lets say I was allowed only 1 days riding in Calderdale available to me in my lifetime.

What would be your definitive route. MMO would be ace, if not just a description.

Cheers all!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My house > through town > ski slope > hidden valley > stump cross woods > up to beacon hill > wiggly lanes and stuff > headless chicken > canal to Copley > sh*t spreader hill > right at the top and up to the trig point on Norland Moor > zig zag back down > gollum's pool > terrible turns and following awesome singletrack > up to the top again and loop back around to bottom of Norland Moor > down wireworks > back up the hill and home.

Terrific.

AndyP
    Free Member

Blackshaw Head – New Delight. Beer. Down Jack Bridge. Stubbing Wharf – beer. – Up Jack Bridge – beer. – Blackshaw Head – whisky.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

* mine contains HUGE amounts of cheekyness.

If you want legit then I think Ogden > Thornton Moor > sheep trail into the top of Luddenden Dean > over the top and down Peckett Well to Hebden and back via Lumb Falls takes some beating in the middle of summer. Grim at this time of year though.

lowey

Davy, If I recall correctly that was the route that Ton took us on the STW ride.

Looking for stuff around Hebden or Tod. Havent riden much (ie not at all) in the area and was looking for a good taster route.

Not arsed if its cheeky as I have no morals. Thanks all.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone got any good bikehike etc links or gps files for this area? Got a mate who lives in Hebden Bridge and one of these days I will go and see them and sneak in a bike ride. 🙂

ton

lowey, i know a betterer one, with loads of cheek, and suitable for a small elite group……. 😉

lowey

and suitable for a small elite group

I shall consult the calender / wife and be in touch mate.

dgrider
    Free Member

What aload of cods. Small elite group!!! Ton where taking about Calderdale not Miggy woods..

nbt

I shall consult the calender / wife and be in touch mate.

Count me in 🙂

D0NK

Am I L33T enough?

trekaddict
    Free Member

Hi All, Im trying to get a local community of riders together via a new website based in Calderdale, Halifax/ Hebden. We need more members to organise local rides and get togethers. I dont want to spam this site but if anyones interested its Calderdale MTB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale Locals – Whats the definitive 1 day route’ is closed to new replies.