Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Calderdale firing range…………….
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

Totally un-bike related (unless they’ve turned a local moor into a firing range) Whats with all the pairs of army Lynx helicopters that have started buzzing up and down the calder valley??? Are we becoming a firing range???

genesis
    Free Member

Close Air Support training before deployment to Helmand Province?

TheDoog
    Free Member

There must be something they’re up to cos a hercules plane was doing figure 8’s round the valley a few month back too.

genesis
    Free Member

SpecOps training with Herc low level drops?

TheDoog
    Free Member

Good job i’m not a conspiracy theorist!!! But why the sudden RAF activity!! Perhaps oil has been discovered in Todmorden and they’re expecting an imminent U.S invasion!!

genesis
    Free Member

Living in North Wales you get used to sporadic bouts of odd RAF activity, used to live by the old asylum in Denbigh where they filmed Most Haunted Live recently that was closed down a coulpe of years ago by the police for a counter terrorism excercise lots of unmarked vans on military plates involved in that one I reckon ‘The Regiment’ had a hand in it.

oxnop
    Free Member

I have been seeing that pair of lynx’s flying low over oxenhope daily and a really low flying hurc weekly. I’ve been wondering whats going on

brant
    Free Member

Something quite big and low went over last night, must have been about 8:15pm maybe, I was pushing up Stanny’s Drop for a run down on Chipps’ Orange Blood.

thepodge
    Free Member

anything to do with D Day celebrations? getting some practice in early

TheDoog
    Free Member

Thats it!!! The MOD are working on a pedal-bourne infantry and Calderdale/Oxenhope and surrounding environs are such a hotbed of bike activity that we’re being spied upon so the MOD can get a combat bike up and running!! Orange blood-bath in camo anyone??? (Better than purple!!)

thepodge
    Free Member

i was thinking more of a fly over than an invasion.

TheDoog
    Free Member
    snowslave

They’re just looking for some cheeky singletrack

Dave
    Free Member

That was a Hercules Brant

TheDoog
    Free Member

But why are they suddenly ‘interested in us’???

RustySpanner

We’re shortly to be featured on the next series of this – http://www.bbc.co.uk/tribe/%5D

If they say ‘Take me to your leader’, who would we pick?
    I vote for Glynn in the Masons on Bacup road.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Aaah i see! Urban man come big hill with boom stick and germs!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale firing range…………….’ is closed to new replies.