Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Calder Valley residents, help me plan an off-road route for the little ones.
  • rockhopper70

I’ll admit I’m being a little lazy here but I need to sort a not too strenuous, but predominantly off-road route that I can take my 9yo and 11yo on. They are quite keen but I’m getting stalled of driving distances to trail centres.

Based in sowerby bridge, but I think a better starting point could be mytholmroyd (parents house). So, thinking of behind stubb field, over wood top, nab end quarry and drop down to train station, through the wood, behind walkleys and caldene avenue.

That’s a bit short.

Or, start from hardcastle craggs car park, straight up past the main car park, all the way up then either left, following the hairpin, or straight on to head towards stinky farm, left over the hill and down the other side towards Blake dene. And then back, but that’s a bit of a grind from the off.

Admittedly being a bit lazy here and an OS map really should be bought but there are a lot of “locals” on this forum so some thoughts, even segments to string together for inspiration would be appreciated.

Cheers.

rockhopper70

Lunch bump….

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Main car park at Norland Moor, up to the Lad Stone at the top of the moor and then back down another way towards the car park but continue all the way to the very bottom of the moor by the bridge. Cross the bridge on the road, veer left with the road and then take the first left in front of the bungalow and along the top of the woods (this is a footpath but never had any grief on here). Right at the end it dips into the woods but eventually pops out at the top of sh*t spreader hill. Turn right and then right again on the double track BW all the way back to Norland.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Or do a lap of Ogden reservoir.

sandwicheater

Did a loop from my work the other week (Sowerby Bridge) which was not to hard technical wise;

https://www.strava.com/activities/346170353

rockhopper70

Strava link not working?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Calder Valley residents, help me plan an off-road route for the little ones.’ is closed to new replies.