Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Calculating waste on sandstone patio
  • Joe

Have an l shaped patio. You come out of the kitchen into a narrow (1.4m metre wide) corridor, and then onto a wide area where i want a patio stretching a few meters.

Total size is 28 square meters. How much should i order? Will 31 meters squared be enough?

steve_b77
    Free Member

10-15% is always a good start

marksnook
    Free Member

Are they all the same size or a mix of sizes?

nickjb
    Free Member

How shaped is the patio and how exact are the edges? I laid mine so it uses whole and half slabs pretty much exclusively. Tiny bit of cutting around a drain and one broken slab due to user error. Hardly any waste. If you are laying to an existing, fixed shape then and extra 10% sounds about right.

Kahurangi

I had a really nasty shape and actually did pretty well. After I’d given up on the grinding discs and bought a diamond cutting disc I didn’t brake anything by accident. Clever use of some breakages and I’d reckon 10% would be fine.

The problem is, if you cut it too fine and don’t have enough, what will you do? If yo have loads left over, is there something you can do with it?

the-muffin-man

+1 for diamond cutting discs, well worth paying extra for.

ratherbeintobago

If yo have loads left over, is there something you can do with it?

Presumably you need to put a decent layer over the body to stop the patio subsiding over time?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Calculating waste on sandstone patio’ is closed to new replies.