Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
  • dreednya

Anyone had this? I had a big OTB incident a month a go, felt like I popped one shoulder out, went back in with a clunk and various other minor injuries. But since then not been able to sleep due to toothache type pain in right shoulder especially at night. Had an ultrasound scan that diagnosed calcific tendonitis and was told that the pain would gradually go, but a month on it is still there and I get woken up two or three times a night. I’ve read up about it and it can be caused by over use or trauma, and that there is no pain in the first three stages of it forming, but the final stage when the body reabsorbs the calcified deposits is when it can get really painful.

So does anyone have any idea how long the final stage lasts as I’m getting pee’d off with not having a full nights sleep?

kjrogers

normally calcification builds up due to gradual trauma from impingement syndrome and can be really painful. It can be helped massively by a steroid injection and under an ultrasound guided injection can actually be brought back up the needle after the steroid injection.

First port of call should be your gp for a steroid injection and then get to see a physio in order to get your shoulder assessed and any impingement identified and treated in order to prevent recurrence.

dreednya

Thanks kjrogers :). OK, hospital didn’t recommend any steroid injections and to be honest last night was the first night I did not wake up due to pain in the shoulder. Maybe getting better – I’ll see what happens tonight in case it is a one off. Not been to a physio as last time I went they said the exercises I was doing as part of my strength training were better than the ones they were going to recommend! But if it carries on I will book an appointment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘calcific tendonitis of the shoulder’ is closed to new replies.