Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cairngorms STW article issue 78 – GPX files
  • elajel
    Free Member

At the end of the Cairngorms classic route article in this month’s mag it says the GPX files of the routes are available in the mag archive.

i cant find it – can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks.

flatfish
    Free Member

I thought it was just me that couldn’t find them.

elajel
    Free Member

many thanks – but that one is from waaaay back in 2008.

not sure there will be one for the new mag, as it is kinda a go out and explore article rather than a go-here-go-there thing.

i dunno.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s how I took it – and it’s very good advice!

For Jenn….

roverpig

Hmmmm cake !!!

matt_outandabout

I also agree with the go-and-explore – better than honey potting some routes…

singletrackjenn
    Free Member

Sorry chaps – the map which is in the magazine should also be available as a PDF download from the Mag Archive, to aid you in getting ‘purposefully lost’. I’ll try and get that sorted out today for you.

druidh – that’s looking like a black squirrel to me, not a red one. Better-lit evidence required to appease me please 😉

chugg08

Hi Jenn
    Any update on the gpx file? Just had a quick look around and couldn’t find the link (maybe just me…).
    Thanks

druidh
    Free Member

If you read what Jenn wrote in her last post, it was a commitment to get the PDF file of the map online, not the GPX files.

It’s on Page 66 here

chugg08

Not sure of your point druidh? I read it that the pdf would “…also be available” implying that the pdf would be made available in addition to the gpx.

Its a polite question given both the print and electronic mag mention that the gpx is available (see P76).

Jenn, be great to get an update – looking for somewhere to head later this week and Cairngorms is an option, thanks.

druidh
    Free Member

Gotcha – I just read it differently. Want me try to re-create the GPX files for you? I believe Jenn is currently off work so it’s unlikely she’ll be in a position to help you out before next week.

chugg08

Thanks for the offer druidh. I know the area quite well but was interested to see the trails they took around Rothiemurcus and Glen Feshie. As mentioned in the article there are lots of options and plenty I’ve never seen let alone explored.

Don’t worry about creating a gpx, I’ll just head up and go where the weather takes me.
    Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Usual advice applies – go visit Bothy Bikes up at Dalfaber. You’ll get both the excellent trail maps and on-the-spot, up-to-date advice. This is particularly relevant to the Glen Feshie/Inshriach areas as the FCS have been felling and that’s affected some of the tracks.

marty
    Free Member

DSC_7748 by martysavalas, on Flickr

A ginger squirrel (ref: A Toop) at Inshriach Nursery.

duckman

As of yesterday,Feshie was underwater. 😕

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorms STW article issue 78 – GPX files’ is closed to new replies.