Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum needs you
  • Shackleton

For anybody interested in contributing to outdoors access, trail sustainability and land management in the Cairngorms (and I guess if you are on here with regard to mountain biking in particular).

Having only moved to the (surrounding) area in the last few weeks I’m not really the best person for the job but will be looking in to it. If anyone else feels they can contribute more then have a look…….

Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum needs you

It’s all change at the Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum as it reaches its eighth year. The Cairngorms National Park Authority (CNPA) is keen to hear from volunteers who can make a positive contribution to outdoor access in the Cairngorms National Park by becoming a member of the Forum.

The Forum plays a vital role in advising the CNPA and others on matters to do with outdoor access, sculpting and shaping future projects to deliver wide ranging benefits to communities and visitors alike whilst respecting the land, the wildlife and the culture of the Cairngorms National Park.

The Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum really does means ‘local’ with members drawn from all communities of the park using their experience, knowledge and judgement collectively to formally advise the Park Authority on access matters across the whole National Park. Forum meetings are always stimulating, interesting and enlightening.” says Paul Corrigan Convener of the Local Outdoor Access Forum.

The Cairngorms National Park Authority is inviting applications for four places on the Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum. The Forum which comprises 21 members and meets about four times a year at various venues through the Park with meetings in the summer providing the chance to learn about outdoor access in other parts of the Park.

More information can be found on the Park Authorities website at http://cairngorms.co.uk/park-authority/outdoor/local-outdoor-access-forum/

Anyone interested in applying should note that the the closing date for applications is Monday 26 August 2013.

If you would like to speak to someone about the Forum and an application form please contact Adam, Outdoor Access Officer on 01479 873535 or email on adamstreetersmith@cairngorms.co.uk

Adam Streeter-Smith
    Outdoor Access Officer
    The Cairngorms National Park Authority
    14 The Square
    Grantown-on-Spey
    Morayshire
    PH26 3HG

Tel 01479 870539

Shackleton

Bump for the afternoon crowd

trekstar
    Free Member

You should post this over on the trailscotland forum: http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/index.php

scotroutes

I’m just about to move to the area too and would be interested but I can’t help feel that someone with more of a local background should get involved.

Shackleton

Cheers Trekstar, done that now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum needs you’ is closed to new replies.