Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cairngorm Trip – Mountains and Cake content
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Italspark's Cairngorm weekend rocked. There was still too much snow on the high tops for our planned ride, but the guys at Bothy Bikes sorted us out with a couple of new routes. In all I think I did 6 descents of the Lairig Ghru. The best was on Friday night just at sunset.

The cakes at the Inschriach Nursery are the best anywhere. They have a higher caloriphic value than a power bar!

druidh
    Free Member

**** the hills – nice cake!

Diane
    Free Member

Sounds good Lairig Ghru is special 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks good Pete.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I left Sheera in the camper still talking nonsense with the bonk.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Brilliant!

I'm guessing the last one is from the top of the Burma Road?

What about 1st and 2nd? I can make an approximate stab at no. 1 but no.2 is unfamiliar.

What was today's route?

Our ride from yesterday is here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/day-out-in-the-cairngorms-pics

Murr
    Free Member

hi peter a bit less cake and u might stay on yir bike when u hit a hill it beats walking ,hope it was a good weekend.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I left Sheera in the camper still talking nonsense with the bonk

I thought he was invincible.

cynic-al
    Free Member

mcmoonter – Member
    I left Sheera in the camper still talking nonsense with the bonk.

The only thing to do in the circumstances. He can still talk **** no matter how wrecked he is.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuartie, they were all on the Burma Road today and the descent down from the cairn at the top. I dont have my map handy to tell you where it comes out, but we did a second climb and downhill a bit further south which comes out at Alvie. We had cake and the did the Lairig Ghru. Its way quicker just to ride up the singletrack rather than ride up to the Lodge.

We met a father and son riding up the Burma Road. The boy was nine years old, they were heading up to do the same first descent we did. Gary forgot his Camelbak at the cairn when we were about a quarter of the way down. By the time he ran back up, the boy had just reached the cairn. Brilliant effort for a nine year old. Anyone know who he was?

The guys at Bothy Bikes showed us a good out and back ride across the A9 from the MacDonald Centre. There is a stepped climb to a cairn at the top with great views up Strathspey & Badenoch.

We found a great downhill from Loch an Eilean down to the cake shop too.

devs
    Free Member

The cakes and riding are better at Wrexham. Go there folks. Nothing to see here.

Diane
    Free Member

Burma Road for a 9 year old 😯 wow

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I left Sheera in the camper still talking nonsense with the bonk

I thought he was invincible.

I not sure if it was the the riding or the Flume enduro that did for him

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorm Trip – Mountains and Cake content’ is closed to new replies.