Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cairngorm Snowboarding next weekend
  • tom84
    Free Member

I reckon this might be alright, depending on how much it costs to get up there from London. Anyone else?

geoffj

From London I’d be going to the alps.

peterfile
    Free Member

Lots of snow, but your biggest enemy will be the uncertainty of the weather. You could leave london while the sun is shining in the Cairngorms/NW, and by the time you arrive it’s blowing 80mph in a whiteout.

Surely for the cost, you’re just as easy getting to the alps as geoff has pointed out (quicker too!). I’m always surprised to hear southern english accents at Glencoe/Glenshee/Cairngorm, simply because it’s such a gamble and not insignificant cost/time/effort.

legend
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    From London I’d be going to the alps.

This, every time

tom84
    Free Member

hmmm.

bigjim

your second biggest enemy will be weekend queues too. think it’s half term too?

geoffj

Sleeper to aviemore
    Luton to Inverness airport
    500 miles each way driving

If you can get cheap sleeper births it can be a goer.

fasthaggis

your second biggest enemy will be weekend queues too. think it’s half term too?

Friend drove up on Sunday ,stopped at the Spittal to get skis,came back out ,then waited in a queue for 50 mins,gave up and went home.
    Both carparks and sides of the road were rammed and halfwits people were blocking the resort area as they looked for a space . This is at 9.00Am 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorm Snowboarding next weekend’ is closed to new replies.