Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cairn o mount
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Im off to do it tomoro for the first time with a lunch as the return treat… Any locals done it? I’m leaving the van at the lbs so it’ll be a 70 miler.. Praying for dry!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Enjoy that. for my money it is the best hill in scotland for taking a road bike up and more importantly down. brilliant descent.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep should be a good day.

stumpy120
    Free Member

Which direction is better to do it in? I’ll be doing it in a loop.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I’m going to the top and then back down… From the fettercairn side. Mite lunch at fettercairn or the clattering brig

the_lecht_rocks

Lovely easy ksunday run…. Enjoy….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lunch at banchory when ridin from arbroath is only way .

Lunch at clattering brig when doing it from north

metalheart
    Free Member

I prefer going up the south side (which is the steepest, but shortest side) but I’m usually doing the round trip from Aberdeen and that leaves an easy run in along Deeside.

Make sure you have low gearing though as which ever direction it’s pretty steep!

jl.
    Free Member

I did it on my MTB when I lived in Laurencekirk. It’s stunning when the heather’s out.

Where’s your LBS? Arbroath? It’s been over a year since I lived there but my favourite pub was the Panmure Arms at Edzell. They did a great Sunday lunch.

Enjoy your ride.

duckman

Today, I hope you kept the wind at your back.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Great day! I’ve sorted a new way of road biking… U ride with the wind on your back until cramp sets In then get the train back was a tough day though… Took a wrong turn on the top of the Garvock hill( 3 mile detour) and did two biggish climbs… Didn’t get wet either..

fasthaggis

Good one, we do the Dee side loop every summer ,Dundee>Edzell>Braemar>Dundee .(doing it on the last weekend of this month)

The Edzell side up is a hard one ,made worse when we have had a cafe stop at Fettercairn 😉
    At least the downhill is worth it 🙂
    Result missing the rain that was blowing around today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cairn o mount’ is closed to new replies.