Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cageless water bottle…
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

I like this a lot. Would be cool if it works well.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Its hard enough finding the cage when your knackered and going 15mph on a lumpy road or single track. Finding those bloody things would be a nightmare.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I like it too, I think the price is to be around £12 or so, so I expect I’ll try one. I usually stop for a drink so it doesn’t trouble me of its a little trickier.

DT78
    Free Member

Isn’t there a cage / bottle that uses strong magnets? I was tempted to give it a try.

Klunk
    Free Member

ugly cage ? you would only notice when there’s not a bottle in it otherwise it looks just about the same 😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

I always wanted one of the cannondale Velcro ones.

chakaping
    Free Member

ugly cage ? you would only notice when there’s not a bottle in it otherwise it looks just about the same

+1

Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Or maybe aimed at people who prefer looking at their bikes to riding them?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well usually pop the cages off when racing, more aero and all that. So this does appeal as I’d just leave the studs on. So a good solution for me.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Issues i see with it.

I always loose my bottles (not from the cage just from putting them somewhere)

If its secure thats fine but i can’t see hiw the connections won’t wear over repeated use.

As above. You have a bottle that you have to rotate to the right angle with one hand while blowing out your arse and steering with the other.

TiRed

Won’t you scratch the frame trying to replace a dirty gritty bottle? And how many bottles do you have?

Arundel Mandible ftw.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I see your point mrblobby The savings between the bottle cage and the studs would no doubt be the decider in your sprint finish along the Champs Elysees

mrblobby
    Free Member

I see your point mrblobby The savings between the bottle cage and the studs would no doubt be the decider in your sprint finish along the Champs Elysees

You are not wrong there 😀

Won’t you scratch the frame trying to replace a dirty gritty bottle? And how many bottles do you have?

Yes, wouldn’t bother on the MTB. Thinking more for things like the TT bike where I pop a bottle cage on for training rides but then take it off for racing. I’ll give one a go when they’re available.

nickc

yeah, like it, I’ll give it a go when it comes out

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Already been tried, by Vincero.

Needlessly expensive solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. Why use a system which requires specific bottles? Seems barking.

Wally

Good review of magnetic one here
    Fab in tight frame spaces that are full of shocks – like a Superlight29er

thedude
    Free Member

I have had the vincero one a few years. It’s great if you sometimes use a camelbak and like the clean look and also if you quickly want to put a framebag in for bikepacking. The fabric ones look good and the bottle doesn’t touch the frame as said above, so won’t scratch.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Needlessly expensive solution

Have you seen how much people will spend on a bottle cage…? 🙂

Bottle and mount for $20, quite reasonable I thought.

Superficial
    Free Member

The main practical benefit I see is that it’d be a lot easier to shoulder your bike for carrying. I.e. on the big Lakes hike-a-bike days where I’m taking a Camelbak anyway so the cage just gets in the way.

Other than that – less weight, looks cool. What’s not to like? I’ll wait and see how secure they are though before jumping in.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah already looked at by ST here and here. £11.99 for bottle and mount, I’ll give that a go.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cageless water bottle…’ is closed to new replies.