Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • caffelatex tubeless kit any good?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    My kinesics maxlight wheels turned up today. Whilst waiting for themI emailed upgrade bikes to see what tubeless kit they recommended and it was their caffelatex one… so as title really, is it any good?
    Cheers

honourablegeorge

The big flaw with caffe latex is that it doesn’t seal tyres. New formula supposed to be better, but it couldn’t be any worse.

daftvader
    Free Member

Stick with stans then?

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s working fine in my bontrager tlr tyres on ghetto’d (gorilla taped) DT Swiss 470 rims

maximusmountain
    Free Member

No, its gash. You can’t use CO2 cartridges with it as it immediately dries out all of the sealant, it has never sealed any of the punctures I had with it, it blocks valve cores in an instance and its no cheaper than stans. I’d stick with stans

daftvader
    Free Member

Problem I have is that I’m new to the tubeless thing so pretty unsure of the way forward. I’ve watched loads of youtube so understantd the how but the getting there is proving troublesome (maybe I’m a just being thick! ) got wheels(tubeless ready) looking for tubeless ready tyres, dont know which kit to get, daftvader is tubeless unready!

trickydisco
    Free Member

For tubs (latex tube) it is awesome. Sealed my cyclocross tub a treat ( whereas stans didn’t work). Obviously doesn’t seem to work well with butyl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘caffelatex tubeless kit any good?’ is closed to new replies.