Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cafes off M6 between Manchester – Lake District
  • citybs13
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a decent cafe close to one of the M6 junctions between Manchester and the Lake District , needs to be open on a Saturday from 7ish

binners

there’s only one place to stop on the way up to the Lakes

Stock up on growlers. Stop on the way back and stock up on sausages and cheese

Teetosugars
    Free Member

He’s right your know, that there Binners.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, they probably do tea and coffee – but I usually just grab a load of pies.

duner
    Free Member

deffo Tebay, even if it’s further into the lakes than you planned to go.

geoffj

Unless you’re going up to Penrith and across, Tebay is going to be too far north.
    Personally, I’d wait until I got to stavely and go to Wilf’s.

km79
    Free Member

Compared to all the other services Tebay stands out as the best. But compared to cafes its a bit on the expensive side.

postierich
    Free Member

Forget Wilfs Try 3 sisters cafe on the roundabout for the turn off for Crook just past Kendal great breakfasts!
    http://www.plumgarths.co.uk/the-2-sisters-cafe/

bearnecessities

Nothing wrong with Teabay if you’re happy to remortgage for breakfast. Get yourself off the M55 and nip down to McDonalds at Fulwood. Double sausage & egg McMuffin with a fancy coffee for under a fiver.

I’m not sure who’s hacked Binner’s login details tonight. Teabay indeed.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He loves a bit of artisan these days does Binners…..

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

http://www.plough-galgate.co.uk/

Not a cafe, but just off the M6 south of Lancaster

binners

While the double sausage and egg McMuffin is indeed a thing of beauty and wonder, Tebay is pie nirvana!! 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

There is a new cafe at Ings now along with a fancy new Bike treks store. Loads of cyclists and motorcyclists there on Sunday morning when we passed.

binners

Don’t go in there. There’s some right **** done all the the artwork on the walls!

Trekster

Was in there on Sat Tomaso, not quite as extensive a menu as Wilfs but a very pleasant experience; https://en-gb.facebook.com/cafeambioings/

Wee blether with Kieth to catch up on the gossip

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How about where you arrive in the lakes? Manc to lakes is a fairly short trip. Used to grab a bacon or sausage butty and tea at Tebay but that was it

MrOvershoot

postierich – Member

Forget Wilfs Try 3 sisters cafe on the roundabout for the turn off for Crook just past Kendal great breakfasts!
    Yep your not wrong there Rich.

maccruiskeen

Compared to all the other services Tebay stands out as the best. But compared to cafes its a bit on the expensive side.

Within a stones-throw pies fling of Tebay service…. ‘Junction 38’ just off Junction 38. It doubles as a truck stop and the local shop/ cafe for the village of Tebay. Run by the same people as Tebay Services selling the same pies for less and with a much bigger (if plainer) menu of good meals for a fair bit less too.

Doesn’t really solve the problem of being ‘between manc and the lakes’ though if the idea is to break the journey but it will be open at from 6.30

cheekyboy
    Free Member

No more Tebay for me, the miserable rain lashed sheepdroids that work there can sour milk with a single glance, theres a truck stop just outside Tebay Village on the southbound side, leave at J38 and go under the bridge.

For pies, snorkers and Denver steaks visit Cranstons at Penrith, once visited forever smitten.

crazy-legs

I’ve never been that impressed with Tebay, it’s incredibly expensive. Also, it doesn’t really fit the requirement of being “between Manchester and the Lakes” unless you’re going right up to North Lakes via J40.

Wilf’s at Staveley – turn off at J36, onto the A591, past Kendal and Staveley is on the right about 3 miles north. Best cafe in the Lakes.

There’s a new cafe at Ings just a mile up the road as well, left hand side at a garage. Used to be a Little Chef, now it’s a proper cafe and a branch of Bike Treks. Not been in there, it was still being fitted out when I was last up there but I’ve heard good things about it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s a new cafe at Ings just a mile up the road as well, left hand side at a garage. Used to be a Little Chef, now it’s a proper cafe and a branch of Bike Treks. Not been in there, it was still being fitted out when I was last up there but I’ve heard good things about it.

Have you heard about Joe Cocker?

postierich
    Free Member

🙂
    Peoples ideas of a proper cafe seem miles away from mine! 😯

Yak

Tebay is great, especially if you have kids as their meals are £1 if you have a meal too. This puts the overall cost/head into reasonable. Massive beer/pie/meat/cheese selection too in the farm shop.

Might investigate ‘Junction 38’ now too. Thanks for the heads-up.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you want to get a bite earlier on the journey, this place is five mins off the M6 at j27.

Big butchers with a cafe/restuarant attached and opens at 8am…

http://www.noelchadwick.co.uk/1817-restaurant

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cafes off M6 between Manchester – Lake District’ is closed to new replies.