Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cafell anyone ?
  • orangeorange
    Free Member

Went over to Cwmcarn today hoping that Twrch was accessible (it still isn’t) so tackled Cafell for the first time,and,um,was completely underwhelmed with it.
    Trwch is at least memorable in parts,to me Cafell was instantly forgettable and just,well,there,a bit like visiting a distant relative just because you were in the area.
    Well at least its ticked off the list now,that’s if I can actually remember being there ……

wallop

I feel exactly the same. I thought the climb was horrid. Would much rather do two laps of Twrch instead! Lots of people rate it though.

nickjb
    Free Member

I like it. Much more natural feel to it. Still probably prefer the trwch overall but happy to do either and it’s good to have a choice. Cwmcarn is better for having more trails.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rode it for the first time since the day it opened last weekend and really enjoyed it – listened to another local who recommended taking the fireroad from the ranger post to Quadzilla which took out the nastiest climb – really liked the rest of it – yes lots of climbing, but the descents are very different to the rest of the SW trail centres, more rocks and roots and loose surfaces, some very steep stuff too, but most of all, the only TC trail in South Wales left that’s tree covered!!

For me it’s what makes a good TC ride, a feeling of being in the woods and ‘the great outdoors’ in general, but you can’t get lost 😉

SOAP
    Free Member

It’s good! Both trails are tough and challenging in different ways.
    Need to be on a good day to ride both

taxi25
    Free Member

I like Cafall, its a trail centre, its got a toughish climb but not sure what’s not to like ?

orangeorange
    Free Member

Thank for the input guys,maybe I just need to ride it a few more times and give it a chance then.
    Anyone know how long the Twrch is likely to be closed for,it must be coming up to a month by now already

P-Jay
    Free Member

No one seems to know! Darrell who runs the uplift said he didn’t know whether it was a month, a year or more 🙁

When Penhydd closed for the same thing it was closed for more than 2 years!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cafell anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.