Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cafe in Malvern
  • aracer
    Free Member

I know there are a few Malvernites on here. Looking for a cafe in Malvern (Great, Link or BG) which does decent food at lunchtime – though not something too posh. Any suggestions on where’s good?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ask Lloyd

farmer-giles
    Free Member

the singing kettle around colwall side is always my favourite malvern bike cafe

BlobOnAStick

Malvern Hills Hotel does good bar food.

And beer 🙂

http://www.hillsarts.co.uk/stannswell/
    As used and recommended by myself and all the mountain bikers I know from Malvern.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately none of those are in Great, Link or BG (I suppose SAW arguably is, but hard enough to access from the road it might as well not be). Totally OT request as it’s for a non-bike lunchhour meeting, and I don’t want to spend most of the hour in a car.

djflexure

The Kettle Sings is a café/restaurant set up on the Malvern Hills but with easy car access, and probably has the best views of any eating place in Malvern.

Although non-vegetarian, if “warned” in advance they will offer a choice of really good vegan food. No soya milk though.

The Kettle Sings, Jubilee Drive, Upper Colwall, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13 6DN (map). Tel: 01684 540244.

Great views and decent food

SimonT
    Free Member

Living in Malvern I don’t get to eat lunch out much but…

There’s a new Wetherspoons in Gt Malvern – the Foley Arms, Worcester road, just off the main T junction. Food OK, exactly as you’d expect.

There’s a cafe down the passageway opposite the Oxfam shop near the main crossroads/traffic lights (Gt M), always used to be really good for lunchtime food. Can’t remember its name…

Gt Malvern has several cafes and pubs doing food at lunchtime, all very close together. Failing recommendations just have a look and take your pick.

aracer
    Free Member

Living in Malvern I don’t get to eat lunch out much but…

I actually live just outside and work there myself, but haven’t eaten out in a cafe in Malvern in years (apart from Waitrose cafe with the kids), hence the request! Thanks for the suggestion about the cafe down the passageway, had forgotten about that one.

djflexure – do you work at TKS or something? Already mentioned, I already know where it is thanks, and it’s still 10 minutes drive out of Great Malvern.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The new Wetherspoonsin place of The Foley – they’ve gone a bit OTT with the historical memorabilia on the walls, but it’s quite nice inside & a big improvement on the old hotel.

djflexure

djflexure – do you work at TKS or something? Already mentioned, I already know where it is thanks, and it’s still 10 minutes drive out of Great Malvern.

I was on a teleconference and not really concentrating, just cut and pasted a bit for you.

Stoner
    Free Member

The Neros on Church street is good for meeting over a coffee.

If you want to eat, try Pepper and Oz at the Abbey Archway, the Mount Pleasant Hotel on the southern end of Belle Vue Terrace (the top road above church street) has lots of space and comfy sofas in the bar and serves coffees etc all day. Usually quiet in there too.

pedlad

It’s a bit off the OP’s listed area but there’s a lovely cafe in Colwall. Nothing flash foodwise but nice relaxed room, run by very nice people. Wi fi as well if that helps for a meeting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cafe in Malvern’ is closed to new replies.