Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • cafe – hayfield
  • peachos
    Free Member

can anyone recommend me a good cafe for breakfast in hayfield tomorrow morning? one that accomodates dirty mountain bikers 🙂

barca
    Free Member

I don't think there is one in Hayfield, is there? There's a burger van at the car park near Kinder res. though.

crazy-legs

No cafes in Hayfield although the pub on the corner of New Mills Road and Chapel Road (just up from the main Sett Valley car park) serves a decent breakfast. It's not open early though.

There's got to be a market for a good hiker/biker cafe in Hayfield…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peachos
    Free Member

that's a bit inconvenient.

any others, close-ish? New Mills/Disley etc? open early as well as we're aiming to finish the ride about 9 ish

crazy-legs

The Gherkin Sandwich/Coffee Bar in New Mills does good food – proper coffee, wi-fi, comfy sofas and it's reasonably priced. They open at 9am on Saturdays. It's here:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=400896&y=385613&z=0&sv=SK22+4JG&st=2&pc=SK22+4JG&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

about 2.5 miles from Hayfield

peachos
    Free Member

brill! thanks very much crazy-legs.

nbt

What about the café at the bottom of the descent off lantern pike?

richpips
    Free Member

That's the one james is on about.

For the record there is a new cafe opening soon on kinder road.

fatboyjon

Sounds like nbt means the shack on the road where the Sett Valley trail crosses the road??? Is that one still open? It's always closed when I pass by.

crazy-legs

I thought NBT was talking about the one just by that factory that blew up? Tiny little place on the SVT, looks almost closed down.

HERE

edit: beaten to it by fatboyjon

higgo
    Free Member

What about the café at the bottom of the descent off lantern pike?

The 'Special Touch' cafe (I sh!t you not) in Birch Vale, just off the Sett Valley Trail.

They don't bat an eyelid re muddy bikers.

A mate of mine couldn't decide between a cheeseburger and a sausage and bacon bap. He was told there was no bacon so plumped for the cheeseburger. When it arrived, it had a sausage on top. That's customer service.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Are you sure Rich? The cafe at the bottom of Lantern Pike is in Birch Vale.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=402045&y=386875&z=115&sv=402045,386875&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=558&ax=402045&ay=386875&lm=0

beaten to it by everyone! 😮

therealhoops
    Free Member

what FBJ says

was open a few months back

IJH also sampling

BigJohn

Normally the Woodbine in Hope is regarded as the Mecca, failing that the one in Edale with the grumpy woman.

barca
    Free Member

By defintion BigJohn, neither of which are in Hayfield :-). The grumpy woman has been ousted and the cafe has gone all posh('er).

If you superimposed your head in place of the burger Eddie, that could be a perfect promotion picture for a Werewolf film (apologies to Ian if you see this….but it's true 🙂 ).

crazy-legs

failing that the one in Edale with the grumpy woman.

As Steve says, that place is quite posh now. Service is a bit variable but the food and coffee is very good. The one just by Edale station.

The two pubs in Edale (Ramblers Arms is one, can't remember the other) have a terrible reputation…

nbt

The one at the bottom of Lantern Pike is indeed the one mentioned several times above by FBJ, CL, TMH, TRH and quite possibly others. It was closed for a while but was open last sunday when we rode past it

therealhoops
    Free Member

The Edale one doesn't open till 10:30 or something bonkers like that. Myself and IJH had to face Jacob's minus some dead pig in bread 🙁

peachos
    Free Member

might try this one at lantern pike first then, and if that's closed head over to the gherkin. thanks for the info all.

from my experience the edale cafe is friendly enough and has a good selection of cakes and the grumpy woman resides in the woodbine!

never had any issues with the ramblers, but then again usually pop in, order pint and sit outside.

Bunnyhop

😆 @ The Mighty Higs.
    Sausagetastic.

richpips
    Free Member

The one at the bottom of Lantern Pike is indeed the one mentioned several times above by FBJ, CL, TMH, TRH and quite possibly others. It was closed for a while but was open last sunday when we rode past it

Never ever seen it open.

higgo
    Free Member

Richpips said… Never ever seen it open

Yes you have. Jan 12th 2008.

In fact that was the day Paul got the sausagecheeseburger.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘cafe – hayfield’ is closed to new replies.