Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Caesers Camp – watch out!
  • kcshaple
    Free Member

Was doing a usual Sat morning loop of Southwood & Caesers camp this morning and on leaving the usual Gorrick start line into the woods I only just avoided being garrotted by green string wound round several trees. Pulled off bike and scratches to cheek – the string broke thank god. Can’t imagine it was put up by the army. We removed 40m of it. Lucky it wasnt 5cm lower. Be careful out there!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I would’nt say he was camp…..ok a little effeminate maybe.

allthepies
    Free Member

Saw that on FB. Was it Army paracord ?

scaredypants

you told the police, right ?

kcshaple
    Free Member

Scary pants As legality of cycling there is dubious, no.
    Allthepies No idea what paracord is Im afraid

scaredypants

Scary pants As legality of cycling there is dubious, no.

that absolutely does not justify putting up cord at neck-height

Report it ASAP

Jason
    Free Member

My wife found similar at Frith Hill a few weeks ago, caught her around the neck, luckily it just caused a bit of grazing. That had been put up by the army as after detanagling her we spotted them a bit further up in the woods. I would guess the stuff at Caesers was probably related to the army too, it is their land after all.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Christ, that’s worrying, glad your OK op.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I can’t see a reason for the army to be tying green string at neck height

Para cord wouldn’t break

parkesie
    Free Member

Army put green string up at waist height to mark a track around a harbour area at night. They usualy take it down before leaving. Could just be some one forgot to do his job when they left in a hurry.

Stiggy

Watch out for all the new fencing round Caesars too as some of it goes straight across old Gorrick routes.

gee
    Free Member

Yes I’ve encountered that at Tunnel too across a trail. Definitely army due to other debris in the area at the time. As you say someone forgot to take it down again.

kcshaple
    Free Member

Gee Luckily I wasnt going your speed!

smdoyle
    Free Member

There was black para-cord across the lower section of ‘Freeride Heaven’ I thinks its called in Tunnel Hill yesterday morning at neck height. Whoever tied it was courteous enough to tie small lengths of white rope from it as a warning…

natrix
    Free Member

Was it Army paracord ?

From the photo that I’ve seen it wasn’t nylon paracord, it looked like the fairly weak fluffy string that they use.

School age army cadets often use these training areas and seem to leave more rubbish than their older brethren…………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Caesers Camp – watch out!’ is closed to new replies.