• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Caersws DH – what to expect?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I'm booked in for the weekend, seen a few vids online and it looks good, but do you lot have any pointers that might be of use beforehand?

I understand there's a few tracks there? I'll be looking to build up gradually throughout day due to lack of rad skillz.

tracknicko
    Free Member

nps track is fun in the wet!

all tracks are fine though, not that scary, fairly short so get LOADS of runs in. good times!

fbk
    Free Member

Great place – quite a few tracks there (plus more being built) and a real variety of terrain. I haven't been since they did all the felling though.

As mentioned, there's nothing too extreme there. Steep but nothing unrideable.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I haven't been for a while now but rode there in Feb last year. The tracks I rode were pretty steep in places but that was less of an issue than the conditions, which were pretty wet and slippy. In the dry I imagine its mental fast. In the wet I found it tough going on the steeper sections. It's a fantastic venue though. You will have lots of fun.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys.

Steep you all say? Oh well, steepness is something I'm trying to get better at!

I saw one vid where it looked ridiculously slippy. Can't be worse than Aston Hill whem muddy though (not that I can ride that!)

fbk
    Free Member

It can get a bit slippy in places but with some decent tyres on it makes it more fun 🙂 . It'll certainly improve your wet-root riding skills if it keeps raining 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Caersws DH – what to expect?’ is closed to new replies.