Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cademuir Trails – used for tweedlove
  • rooney
    Free Member

Mate just text to say he was out tonight and some guy was walking up them putting big rocks and logs over the trails to stop anyone oing down.

Are the forestry closing these like some of the ones at Glentress ?

Or do I need to run dog in morning round Cademuir and clear some trail.

scotroutes

Northwind

Just asked someone who’ll know, will post back if/when I hear back from him.

legend
    Free Member

iirc stage 4 is being closed up again.

scotroutes

Who is it that believes they have the authority to block a trail in a forest?

legend
    Free Member

The Forestry Commission – the people who approve what route is used in the first place, often with conditions like “you will close off the trail immediately after the event”

scotroutes

Any idea which section of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act gives them that authority?

imnotverygood

Who days it is closed? Now it is just a trail with some logs on it.

legend
    Free Member

Go ahead and argue with them if you want, I couldn’t care less about the technicalities of the land reform act. Pissing them off is definitely a way to make it easier to run events in future.

Every race that is held in Glentress and Innerleithen (and I’d imagine other FC areas) has the route submitted to the FC for approval 6 weeks prior to the event, no changes allowed after that date (except in exceptional circumstances). The IXS Cup is the perfect example – new trail which must not interfere with other trails (hence many small trail gaps) and had to be closed after each event. The IXS track was properly closed off, logs and branches all the way down it as a deterent (which didn’t actually work)

Northwind

I’m going to keep it very simple personally, if the people who built it say don’t ride it, I won’t. If it’s some random stickman **** (they had problems with this before the race) then I’ll use his body to build a jump.

rooney
    Free Member

It wasn’t forestry it was tonight after hours and he had 2 dogs with him.
    I work with local forestry maintaining trails ill ask tomorrow.

bigjim

They had problems with someone doing this in the approach to the event, laying logs and boulders on the trail and destroying jumps. I think they would be very interested in the description of the person, will alert them to this thread.

The condition of building stage 4 in the forest was that it would be closed after the event, which is understandable. This doesn’t sound like the trail builder dismantling the trail though.

Diane
    Free Member

I’d guess it was the folk who put stuff over the trails before the race 🙁

proteus
    Free Member

Any idea which section of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act gives them that authority?
    You’ll be wanting a copy of the Forestry Commission Scotland / Scottish Cycling agreement (but applies to all mtb event organisers on NFE) from a couple of years back:
    http://www.dmbins.com/developing/people–2/events-page–8/organising-your-own-event/mountain-biking-events-on-the-national-forest-estate

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They had problems with someone doing this in the approach to the event, laying logs and boulders on the trail and destroying jumps. I think they would be very interested in the description of the person, will alert them to this thread.

Dirty bastard!

rooney
    Free Member

Name known and passed onto appropriate people for a chat 😈

jimmy

not the old boy with 2 black labs and a spaniel, is it? We stopped for a chat with him when reccying the trails before the event and he seemed very keen that folk were up there riding the trails, we even showed him the map as to where they were… Oh wait… 😯

bigjim

Dirty bastard!

haha, not man eggs, yet…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cademuir Trails – used for tweedlove’ is closed to new replies.