Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CAD/Architecture/France problem – Where to get DWG of a bit of France?
  • Speeder

Being as this place’s knowledge knows no bounds.

Does anyone know of a service which will allow me to download a DWG of a portion of a map of France for a job I need to do? It doesn’t have to be free, it’s for work and I’m happy to pay but it ought to be of a good quality as provided by UKMapCentre

If anyone’s interested or even has it (you never know) it’s for 72230 Mulsanne.

Could do with this quick too, sorry for the rush.

Cheers

Gaz

ianv
    Free Member
    timb34
    Free Member

Geoportail is the official site for the IGN.

I think you can buy portions in DWG from http://cartes-numeriques.ign.fr/index.php

(Edit: ian beat me to it!)

nickjb
    Free Member

You can extract bits of open street map in vector format. I’ve put them into illustrator before, which will talk to autoCAD. Not sure about the legality for commercial use as I’ve only ever done it for personal stuff.

Speeder

Yeah I’ve been on IGN but it’s not especially transparent what you’re buying. Especially if you’re doing it all through a google translated version of the site (my schoolboy/pidgeon French ain’t gonna stretch to this).

Ideally I’d have a service that offered the equivalent of THIS – I understand all the terminology used and the IGN site is a little confusing in comparison. It’s almost like they’re talking a different language ;o)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CAD/Architecture/France problem – Where to get DWG of a bit of France?’ is closed to new replies.